binged for 10 days!!!

Options
god this topic is even making me cringe!! why did i do it?? well i took my weigh day and day off a bit far i've had takeaways and everything else although my calories i've logged aren't enough to even put on 2lbs! yet now when i look in the mirror all i see is fat!! back on it from today and all is good have i done alot of damage? is it in my head? thoughts appreciated :)

Replies

• Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I clicked on your profile and see tht you've lost more than 50 pounds! That's something to be very proud of!
    As far as binging for ten days...it's not the end of the world. Maybe you were too hard on yourself and eating too few calories-or something stressed you, or whatever. Just don't give up. Go get in a good workout, drink some water, and nourish yourself!
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well, not that you should do this again, but

1) You're back now and THAT is a big deal, some people would never get back on the wagon again after 10 days. Pat on the back deserved!

2) You'll probably lose weight pretty quickly now! Any time I've had a long period of time of not eating healthily, the pounds just fell off once I started eating well again :)
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    From my own experience, eating more for a short while will likely kick start any weight loss once you are back on what you have been having as a diet/exercise. Put it behind you and start again.

I came off my diet over Xmas and New Year's and put on 7 pounds on in 10 days. 3 weeks later it was all of plus a bit more.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. You can get back on the wagon. You're not behind. You didn't screw up. You took a break, and now you're back.

Get rid of the guilt and get on with the work. I'm proud of you for coming back, fessing up, and getting back to what will work.

<3
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    exactly what every one else said, i did that in january, 2 weeks of eating whatever, call it Xmas hang over, but i got back in it and since then i lost 4 lbs
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    a 10 day binge? Damage? Hmmmm-what do you think?! You erased all your hard work and now get to lose the same 2lbs all over again. Hopefully a lesson learned.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    On a previous diet I binged for 8 days in Disney and I gain 29 lbs. I knew I gained but I thought 10 lbs. Wow, when you come off a diet be careful.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Damage?? The OP has lost 50 pounds in total and it will soon start coming off again. It will come of quickly.
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    Are you an emotionla eater? I have binged many times in the past and even stopped using this app for a while as I didn't want to see how much food I was gorging - I tend to over eat and eat bad food when bored or emotional.. Concentrate on the positive - you have been successful before and can be again and you are not alone, this is perfectly normal but you have support amd friends on here - if ever you are feeling low/bad log on and speak to someone for support (or actually speak to a friend/family - also distracts you).

I heard a great saying recently, you know how when we eat badly its so easy to say oh well I have ruined today so I may well continue to pig out? Well what I read was think about this: if you spill red wine down your top would you think oh well its ruined now so I will pour the whole bottle over it? No, you try and clean it and rectify the situation, We all have moments of weakness but don't let it derail you completely.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    On a previous diet I binged for 8 days in Disney and I gain 29 lbs. I knew I gained but I thought 10 lbs. Wow, when you come off a diet be careful.

Seriously!?!?! 29 lbs in 8 days is consuming more than 12000 calories every day on top of your maintenance calories, and with all that walking.q

Do you mind me asking what toes of things and places where you ate? I am going there next month and am trying to figure out my food plan . Was it because there are no choices in Disney, or at hey extremely high in calories, or that you just really over did it?
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    god this topic is even making me cringe!! why did i do it?? well i took my weigh day and day off a bit far i've had takeaways and everything else although my calories i've logged aren't enough to even put on 2lbs! yet now when i look in the mirror all i see is fat!! back on it from today and all is good have i done alot of damage? is it in my head? thoughts appreciated :)

You are focusing on the 2 that you gained,, if that, focus on what you did for the 50. Yes, this journey does start mentally. We are are oing to faulted on occasion because really we are deprogramming years of learned behavior and trying to relearn them. This so going to take time. The important thing is realizing that you need to still work at it and get crack on he wagon.

Hang in here
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Its your concience kicking your butt. I feel way bigger after a couple days off the wagon. You'll feel back to normal after flushing with alot of water and getting a great workout in. I say don't beat yourself up but thats what keeps us going.
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Its ok, hang in there and get back on the wagon! I gave in and did not exercise for 7 days straight, and by the grace of the universe I maintained what I had lost-but now is the time to get back on it! And 50 pounds is a LOT to be proud of! 10 days will not ruin your life, its letting that 10 days turn into everyday that puts you back where you were before...
  • bubsmom10
    Options
    Im in the same boat i just binged really bad for 3 days but yeterday i snapped out of it and had a good day...you will be ok the most important thing is that you are not giving up completley hang in there :)
  • limestang
    Options
    At least yours was only 10 days. I took off all of November and December and put 10-12 pounds back on. I'm back at it but it feels like i'm getting nowhere. I have a very hard time controlling my portions. I guess I need to get back at eating lean cuisines or smart ones. Good luck on your journey.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    honestly I think you are fine. Usually I need about a week of eating things (I did not exactly full out binge but ate more than usual over my limit) to kick start my weight loss again when I get into periods of not losing things. weight will come off starting again and those 2 pounds should just fall right off.
    (Thats how it is for me, obviously we're not the same).

Just do not sweat it. it was only 2 pounds. : )
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was just going to write about the same kind of problem. The past two days have been really bad for my diet. Not full binge days but the dinners have been large and high calorie.I tried not eating much if any thing the rest of thoes two days but I did not exercise either. I had valentines day (with my uncle in the hospital w/cancer , then a big birthday party thrown for me the next day. Any suggestions on how to do some damage control for those days? Drink lots of water? Put a few extra hours in at the gym?