Dads!

Options
Hey, are there any other dads on here or are we all too busy? Would love to hear what other guys are doing with their kids and keeping active and being a great role-model. I have 2 sons, Byron (3) and Mylo (11 months).

Replies

• EoinMag
    EoinMag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly telling my 4 year old to stay away from the excercise bike while I'm on it or he'll get hurt, or the same with the freestyle weights.

He likes to hop on the bike and do a workout too.
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    I'm a single Dad of a 6,4 and 1.75 year old. They definitely keep me busy. One way I fit in exercise into my busy schedule is having the kids exercise with me. They have fun and it teaches them good habits.
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Proud papa of 3 boys, two 8yr olds and a 5yr old. They enjoy doing push ups and situps at night with me... It definitely keeps me motivated.

Feel free to add me!
  • trackerrtom64
    Options
    I have a 21 month old. I try to get my workout in during my lunch hour at work, because when I get home my son is first priority. They grow up so fast. I also have a 22 year old. Believe me 20 years from now you will never have any regrets for having missed a workout, but you will regret not spending time with your child. When I get home we run through the house, we play hide and seek, and wrestle all over the living room. I can't wait 'til summer because he loves to play outside.

Feel free to add me too!
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Its good to see they all like working out with you. My 11 month old loves to watch me, he even claps me along. My 3 year old likes to run (a lot) but he doesn't like watching me do the other stuff much. They definately keep me busy and active :)
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Dad of four, two girls and two boys. My oldest daughter is graduating from high school this year my other daughter (14) is a cheerleader. Both my boys play football, basketball and baseball. I have been coaching them in all the sports since my oldest son started at age five, he is now 16. Needless to say our family is very buzy and there are weeks when we will have four games in five days. They love it and so do I, I couldn't imagine it any other way.
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Dad of twin girls here who are 4 yrs old.

I tend to stop in at the gym on the way home from work when I can. Just starting to do 30DS tonight when the girls have gone to bed.

They like helping me do my mini workout when I get home from work which comprises of.

30s plank
    10 push ups with twin one on my back
    10 push ups with twin two on my back

They each count the push ups in which ever language they want to.

We so far have 1-10 in

English
    French
    Welsh

I might have to learn German and Spanish so they can do those next.
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a dad of two boys (4 years and 1 1/2 years) I play slot of football (soccer) with my eldest and it's only a matter of time until my youngest is joining in. It's loads of fun :)
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Father of five. Three boys 23, 20 and 15 and tow girls 21 and 17.
    Right now trying to get my oldest boys to do some kettlebell routines with me. Even offered them a few buck off what they owe me :devil:
    My youngest daughter is in fantastic shape and busy but I am trying to get her to go to karate with me, she would be awesome at it and kick my butt in no time. You can add me if you want.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Father of two beautiful girls, 6 and almost 2. I workout very early in the morning before they get up, and then help get them ready to go to school / daycare before heading off to work myself. At night they keep me busy doing puzzles and playing.
  • jna1957
    Options
    54 year old father of two - one of each. my motivation is they will be home for Spring break from college and i need to look better!

Add me if you'd like
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    They all sound so fun, can't wait until my two are older so I can take them to sports and things.