Introducing myself

DarlaG
DarlaG Posts: 8
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone,

I was so excited to find out about this website. I am 41 and the mother of a 4yr old and a 5 yr old. Life is busy but mostly in a good way. I work full time, mostly in front of a computer, so my job is very inactive. My friend and I work out a couple of times a week. It was easier in the Winter (believe it or not) to get to the gym. We try to do some outside activities with the kids as much as we can but it's mostly good intentions. I have 110 lbs to lose and have been a yoyo dieter for most of my life (havn't we all). I am ready to get back on track and am looking forward to making good use of this website and making some new friends.

Thanks
Darla

Replies

• CatheyJ
    CatheyJ Posts: 16
    you are gonna love this site! Welcome.. and congratulations on making the decision to get healthier.
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Welcome! This site is a GREAT tool! Use it to it's full potential. You'll find tons of support and motivation. I suggest that you log your food BEFORE you eat it everyday - it's apt to open your eyes to making better choices, and drink lots of water. Also - consider filling out your profile - sometimes it's helpful to look back at to remind yourself about what you're here for in the first place, and for us to read to help identify with you. Have a healthy, happy day!
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Welcome, welcome. Hope you find this site as helpful and wonderful as we do. Lots of support and lots of good people here. Never feel like you can't vent, ask questions or even offer up advise based on your own experiences. We need all the help we can get. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.