Where's my Soccer folks?

Options
Hi guys! I am a hardcore soccer mom. We live it and breathe it at our house. I started playing women's and coed indoor and outdoor a few years ago. I'd love to hear from some people who love life on the pitch!

Replies

• pennysmom1
    pennysmom1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie! I'm Jamie. I haven't seen too many soccer people on this forum (although I do tend to browse more than I post, so maybe I've missed a few along the way)

I've played soccer since I was 4 (I'm 31 now) and play co-ed indoor on Fridays, womens indoor on Sundays, and soon outdoor womens on Saturdays. My boyfriend plays twice a week and also coaches in the fall, so I can safely say we live and breathe soccer too!! :) haha
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I am. Played most of my childhood and now into my 30s. Indoor and outdoor. =)
  • sgmorgan312
    Options
    Hi! I'm a soccer fan myself; grew up playing - would love to join a women's league schedule permitting in the near future. Oldest son is 4 and played in an intro program last spring and looking to play again this spring - which is exciting for me to get to watch and hoping he and the other two boys pursue it! Love following the US Women & Men as well.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've played since I was 5....I'm 34 now...took a few years off to have kids, but I'm back at it. Right before my kids, I was playing 4-5 nights per week....and outdoor on Sunday!

I'm so ready to start playing more and more!
  • pennysmom1
    pennysmom1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've played since I was 5....I'm 34 now...took a few years off to have kids, but I'm back at it. Right before my kids, I was playing 4-5 nights per week....and outdoor on Sunday!

I'm so ready to start playing more and more!

Good for you for coming back!! :)
    We seemed to have lost all our female players in town to marriage & babies. lol
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    hey hey I'm Jessica I've been playing close to 20+ yrs. I'm in a women's league now and play in a sand soccer tournament every year in June. One day the States will understand the beauty of this sport!!
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Coached and ref soccer....oh ya SEATTTTTTTTTTLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSOOUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    Hey all! I am a soccer ADDICT! I had about a 3 year gap after I graduated from college because a lot of leages are only open to 27+ year olds :-( I just turned 27 this year. I actually got back into it when I changed jobs and found out there was a group of employees that played outdoor pickup every Tuesday and Thursday at lunch time! I immediately became a regular, of course! Then I started getting the invitations to join indoor teams so on top of tuesday/thursday outdoor I play coed indoor on wednesday and womens indoor on thursday. I just love it! I was invited to play another coed indoor on Friday and coed outdoor on sundays, but my husband put the kabosh on that because we are already so busy and it is very expensive to play indoor soccer :-( Getting back into soccer honestly changed my life. I am happier and in better shape than I have ever been and I look forward to my "workouts" since I get my excersize doing what I love. Sorry for rambling, I have a tendancy to do that, especially when I get all worked up about soccer, LOL! Enjoy your ball time! Currently I am on the mend and cannot wait till my ankle is strong enough to take me back out on the feild.
  • CawfeeLuv
    CawfeeLuv Posts: 18
    Options
    Soccer mom here! We live soccer in our house.....LOVE it!
  • jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Never played (SO not coordinated enough, and I'm doing more to get fit now than I think in the rest of my life combined), but I totally follow MLS. I've seen so many cute kids at games, that I think the game was what made me want kids.

Phil-a-del-phia UUUUUUUUnion!

(Yeah, not doing so hot this year, but being a supporter and season ticket holder is a blast!)