Any Stay At Home moms??

Options
Hey there! I've been a stay at home mom for the last 9+ years and have 2 beautiful daughters. I have really let myself go and am ready to make some life long changes and be a positive fitness role model in my girls' lives! Anyone out there want to join me?!

Replies

• kwortham
    kwortham Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have only been a stay at home mom for about 2 years now and I have my work cut out for me. I have a son who is 4 and boy/girl twins who recently turned 1. I want to be a good example for them, and teach them how to have a healthy lifestyle. And I just want to feel good about myself again.
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    me, i've been at home for 7 years and managed to pile on 7 stone in that time
    i have 6 year old twins!
  • Prettyinpinkuk
    Options
    hi girls . im a stay at home mum to a little boy he is 8 1/2 months x im a big girl and id fed up . i want 2 be slimmer 4 my son and my self . i have pcos so it's realy hard 2 get the weaight off . i have tryed meany diets with little results . i'm hopeing myfitnespal will work fir me so fingers crossed xxx
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have been a SAHM for almost 8 years. Feel free to add me
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Ive stayed home for 4 years always worked have 3 daughters but we have brought a business where I will be dealing with customers all day so I have to get this weight off and fit to get that confidence back

Please add me Im on week 4 of mfp
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I too am a SAHM. I've been one for almost 7 years now. I love my job but am bad about putting myself first. I'm now working on it and working on me. :)
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of a SAHM, I run a home daycare so I never get to leave my house if that counts at all ;) I've been at home for 3 1/2 years, I have 3 & 1 year old girls. I lost about 75 lbs. after my first daughter after gaining 60 lbs throughout my pregnancy. I only gained about 30 lbs. with my second but only managed to lose about 35 lbs. after the pregnancy. I would really love to reach my goal weight this time, it's been really hard trying to fit in exercise but I'm doing it almost everyday. I started Turbofire and I'm on week 2, I've lost 16 pounds since the beginning of January.

Feel free to add me :)
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi all! I have been a sahm for over 8 years....two girls 10 and 12, and twin sons who are 5 1/2. I had put on a total of 60 pounds in that time. I have since lost 20 of those! Feel free to add me! :)
  • rachele3
    Options
    Well i just started working from home about a year ago and i hate it. I thought i would love it but i have no motivation to do anything. I have lost 5lbs in a month but i need something to put some pep in my step if you know what i mean.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been home for 7 years, just starting to transition back to work. I'm a teacher, and plan on substituting for the next few years until my youngest (2 1/2 now) is in kindergarten. So I've got to lose the weight now before I go back full-time!
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    SAHM here, I do work on the Weekends to help with our tight budget and sell Avon as a hobby, but I have been home with my kids M-F for 11 years.
  • bdwier
    bdwier Posts: 13
    Options
    I have been a sahm for 1 year. I had started losing weight before I became a sahm and figured it would be easier to lose once I wasn't so busy working all the time. Boy was I wrong. I put on 12 lbs over the rest of 2011. I have lost 10 lbs since Jan 3rd so I think I'm off to a good start for 2012 :smile: But I am slowly losing motivation. My 2 year old doesn't want me to exercise it seems like... and the weather isn't nice enough to go out and start walking yet. I also have 3 teenage kids who laugh at me when I try to exercise when they are home.... Feel free to add me.. I could use all the motivation I can get!!
  • karenmariakingq
    Options
    I've been shm for about 5 years, some times i feel like i want to run away but my son's eyes make me feel good again, now i'm trying to lose some pound i want to feel good with myself again and to do something for me.
    feel free to add me.
  • pb6012002
    Options
    I am a SAHM on and off for 4 years. I was home for 14 months straight and then worked straight three days a week until October and now I am working the 3 days a week at home. So I am now a SAHM! I have PCOS as well and it has always been hard to lose weight. But so far since I started counting calories I am down about 11 pounds. And I started on January 31! I am only on MFP since last Tuesday so it is only reflecting what I lost since I am on here. But I couldn't be happier with this site!
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a newly single stay at home mom. I have been at SAHM for about 6 yrs and I have 2 daughters - age 4 1/2 and 6. I definately can relate to letting yourself go. When you don't need to dress up for work, etc - well it's easy to get into the habit of just being "comfortable" all the time. In anycase, I decided for 2012 that this is going to be MY YEAR to take care of me for a change and that's why I'm here on MFP! Feel free to add me, those who want. But just drop me a little note to remind me that we're fellow SAHM's!

Melanie
  • 1momx3
    1momx3 Posts: 16
    Options
    I've been a stay at home mom for 11 years and have totally let myself go putting everyone and everything first. Now it's time for me to start gettting my life back in order. Feel free to add me. This is my 4th week and I've lost 17 lbs. so far. Good luck on your journey!
  • 2012Mich
    Options
    I've been a SAHM for 6 years now. I'm really bad at putting myself first and I've got a ton of weight to shed. After being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I'm starting to realize the importance of carving out some me-time. Good luck to everyone on their journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I can always use some extra encouragement.. and I give plenty as well ;)
  • Acmcneil0908
    Options
    I am a SAHM and have three boys, and after having my last baby almost three years ago I haven't had much motivation to lose the weight and have gained back the weight I was when I delivered him. This is my second month of exercise and eating healthy. But my first day on this site. Would love some weight loss friends! I am working on losing 35 lbs.
  • leahanes
    leahanes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's encouraging to know I'm not the only one out there! I see some of the other SAHM around my kids' school and I wonder, "How come they look so fit and I'm not?!" Well, I know the answer to that, it's just the motivation to getting up and doing something about it. Feel free to add me and we can go on this venture together!!

17423312.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ceb1920
    Options
    Hi All. New here. SAHM also. We have a large family. 18,16,6,6, 23 months and 8 months. Could really use some motivation. As well ANY ideas on how to eat quick small meals throughout the day! Feel free to include snacks. Need to munch on something other than the kids snack stuff. Not bad for them, not good for me:) Friends welcome