In Search of the Perfect Human Diet

Options
Wow, just saw this trailer. Looks interesting in light of the rise in popularity of the 'paleo' diet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2kJK25X67o&feature=youtu.be

Is there no way to make a clickable link on these posts?

Replies

• RobynJoy76
    RobynJoy76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched this video but isn't the paleo diet just a hipster/yuppie Atkins diet? I am very willing to stand corrected.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Primal/paleo is just what evolution ordered.
    research at www.marksdailyapple to make up your own mind.
    I've been at it for 13 months and have never felt better or had more energy.
    Give it a proper go for 30 days to test it out!
    You can always go back if you didn't like it....just do it and enjoy!

edit to correct spelling error.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump to watch when I get home!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Just watched the trailer...I wish I could play that every time someone asks me why I changed over!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bump to watch when I have youtube access!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It would probably be an interesting documentary to watch if only to better understand these folks' perspective, but I have NO intention of EVER embarking on a caveman diet because, quite simply put, I'm not a caveman. It's not for me, but to each his or her own.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    research at www.marksdailyapple.com to make up your own mind.

Great site...Had to type in the password to get the free ebooks
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • jonski1968
    Options
    After reading this post...I looked through a box of old diet books and found `NEANDERTHIN` by Ray Audette & Troy Gilchrist

How come all the diets that actually work and work fast, are all low/zero carb diets.
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It would probably be an interesting documentary to watch if only to better understand these folks' perspective, but I have NO intention of EVER embarking on a caveman diet because, quite simply put, I'm not a caveman.

Plus, there's a shortage of good dinosaur meat these days. :P
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    It all works monitor your intake and excersise on a regular basis and stay away from sugar and processed food. Zero/Low carb may help you loose it quicker in the short run but it is not sustainable.
  • jonski1968
    Options
    Oh i don`t know belgerian, i`ve been following a low carb diet for nearly 4 years and i find it easy to follow...except for my 1 cheat day a week..
  • MsMo4DE
    Options
    research at www.marksdailyapple to make up your own mind.

I have Marks Daily Apple in my IGoogle page in a rss feed. I like visiting his website a lot. Tons of great information
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    It all works monitor your intake and excersise on a regular basis and stay away from sugar and processed food. Zero/Low carb may help you loose it quicker in the short run but it is not sustainable.

It is easily sustainable. I know people that have been eating this way for years and years and look FANTASTIC
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Why is it not sustainable?
  • MinglewoodBlues
    Options
    Bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Since human physiology differs from human to human, there is NO perfect human diet.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    After reading this post...I looked through a box of old diet books and found `NEANDERTHIN` by Ray Audette & Troy Gilchrist

How come all the diets that actually work and work fast, are all low/zero carb diets.

Read up on the paleo diet and why it works... Cliffnotes: Our bodies have evolved to the point where we are used to meat, fruit, veggies, nuts, roots... modern "farming" (wheat, corn etc) has not been around long enough for our bodies to evolve to a point of adjusting our diet/metabolism to incorporate processed carbs etc. We NEED carbs, but from fruits/veggies not a bagel with cream cheese.