Wii Games

Options
I'm looking into buying some games for my Wii to exercise. I already have Zumba but i need a variety... Any suggestions???? What are the best games and how hard are they....

Replies

• Golfin4fun
    Golfin4fun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think tennis is very physical....... and fun!!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like tennis as well.... I recently tried boxng but i thought i was going to pass out! I must have tried the hardest version. I am for sure a begining level. LOL

Thank you for your post.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Boxing is very very hard too but what a workout!!
  • Chinkybrowneyes
    Options
    Me and my daughter love the "Biggest Loser".
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wii fit plus if you're wanting to lose weight?
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I have dance dance revolution, gold's gym dance workout, wii fit and just dance. I love them all! Each has it's pros and cons, but they all are fun and burn the calories for sure!
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    There is a Biggest Loser game for the Wii ( you can use a fit board if you have one, but don't need one) and it would really kick my butt. You can put your info in and how much you want to lose and how often you want to exercise. It creates a program for you.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like the EA Sports Active games
  • roadworthy
    Options
    Just Dance is a great one. There are a few versions now. I also just recently picked up Exerbeat and I really like it. It has assorted activities including different aerobics and karate. It is quite fun.
  • beemcbe
    beemcbe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you've got a little money to splurge, wii fit is pretty good. It does a lot of balance exercises, and both high and low intensity aerobics (amongst other things, but these are my favorites). If you already have something that's going to get your heart rate up (Zumba) then this might be something worth giving a shot. Plus, it's fun! I can easily waste an hour and not even realize it. I'm always thinking, "Oh, I unlocked another new game! Now I need to go try that one too!"
  • Mandie69
    Mandie69 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii sports active 2 and its brilliant. You can do cardio and toning exercises and it gives you calories burned along with your heart rate. I use it 4-5 times a week and have not found anything to compare it to!!
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I like Dance Party 2 and 3 myself. Bowling and tennis is fun to (sports game).
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    WII sports and Just dance 1,2,3! My fave is Zumba!!
  • ShellBelle6
    ShellBelle6 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 3 is my favorite so far.
  • tristinasmith
    tristinasmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the jillian michaels workouts, and the EA sports workouts and they are great! But for fun games, I have all the Just dance games and those can make you sweat too, but lots of fun to do when your tired of doing the same old workout routine!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest loser challenge (very challenging!) you can set the level to what is best for your fitness level. I have the sports active, more active and sports active 2. They are all good workouts. I think I curse the game when they make me do mountain climbers or sprint. I also have wii fit and wii fit plus. The wii fit are not so much of a workout as the others. Of all of them, so far I like the biggest loser challenge the best because I like to do cardio boxing - which you can do just that. You will get out what you put into all of the games. I upped my last level of the biggest loser and it kicked my butt! I always wear a heart rate monitor because the game says I burned much less calories than my monitor. You do get the HRM with the sports active 2, but sometimes the heart rate doesn't even register when I am sprinting as fast as I can, or my HR drops. I don't trust it. When using my Polar, it usually shows that I burned twice as many calories as the game says I burned
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have the jillian michaels workouts, and the EA sports workouts and they are great! But for fun games, I have all the Just dance games and those can make you sweat too, but lots of fun to do when your tired of doing the same old workout routine!

Is it the Jillian Michaels for the wii? Are there more than one? Which do you recommend??? Very interested in changing it up a bit. I do the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD and it is a calorie burn for sure! LOVE IT
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like Wii Fit Plus - great games that do not feel like exercise - I love the step exercises.
  • sherylhammond
    Options
    I just bought the wii and the wii fitness plus and just dance 3 so I cant tell you how it works to help you lose weight but it is fun. My kids help me when I am home and I work on it at least 60 min. a day if not longer and I can feel the burn so I think it is working. Just have not lost enough weight yet.