how do you make sure you get enough water?

Options
2»

Replies

• star87cc
    Options
    I bought a 750ml bottle of mineral water with a sports cap ages ago and now it sits on my desk and I fill it up in the morning and aim to have finished at least 1 full bottle of it during my work day, then I have another 500ml bottle in my gym bag that I refill when I get there, I also have another 750ml bottle at home. I'm always surrounded by water bottles! I dont even realise I'm doing it lol
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    This is how I remember: Grab a 16oz. drinking container and fill it up before the coffee is done. Since you are to drink 8 - 8oz glasses a day, this equates to 2 glasses consumed every time you drain it. Before eating anything - a meal or snack - drink a 16 oz glass first. Many times this will also help from overeating. That is already 3-4 16 oz glasses consumed! I usually make this my goal daily...although there are times I look at water and go ick- no more! :noway:
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a three cup waterbottle that has one of those sippy cup sort of tops. My mom says I look absolutely ridiculous drinking out of it, but I feel like it makes it really easy to drink water throughout the day. I just make sure to keep sipping every now and then.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    it was pretty easy for me.. I just bought a waterbottle... Im at my desk at work most of the day, so I keep it there.
    sip-sip-sip... and its gone... get up, refill.. and repeat.

by the end of the day, I usually have about 11 or 12 22oz bottles of water... some (most) of them have flavor packets in them.. from propel to ice tea and lemonade.... green tea with lemon.. etc...

but it keeps me hydrated... and its an excuse to leave my desk.
  • ElizBald
    Options
    Okay, original study that determined sixty-four ounces of water was needed in a day (that's 8 eight ounce glasses) was conducted in the very early 1940's. It's purpose was to determine how much water soldiers needed to carry with them in the North African desert while eating dry concentrated rations.
    If you are eating normal foods and drinking when you notice you are thirsty then you probably get enough. One thing I have learned over the years is to drink some water when I think I want to eat. Sometimes what is really going on is I need water, not food.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I start by making sure I drink a glass of water with my breakfast then like a lot of other people that posted I keep a bottle full of water right in front of me at work so I see it and remember to drink it. I go and refill in our break room as soon as it's finished. It becomes habit after a while.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I carry a bottle around. Every time I go pee, I drink more.

I drink 500 ml ( 2 cups ) before my afternoon coffee.

I drink 500 ml with each meal.

I drink 500-1000 with dinner.

I drink 500-1000 when I work out...
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Its easier for me when I'm at work. I take a few bottles (each have about 2 glasses in it). It is hard for me to remember too, but looking on here helps. Seeing that empty glass just sucks LOL. Also, when I drink some, I really chug a lot at one time. Helps :)
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I drank a ton at work too. Usually 2 liters before I went home. I am on maternity leave now though and it's a bit harder. I like the idea of keeping a glass in the bathroom and drinking every time I go pee. I think I will try that.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I have a Nalgene water bottle, it holds 32 oz. and I face the side with the measurement towards me. If I see I have 28oz. left and it's already noon then I remember to chug some. I do this throughout the day. You could leave yourself sticky notes or set your computer/phone to have an alarm every hour telling you to drink water. I tell my mom or husband to remind me to drink water. Maybe a friend or coworker wouldn't mind tapping you on the shoulder and saying "Have a drink!"
    It's all about having a system! Good luck!
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am horrible about drinking water so i made a little check off and put it on fridge, so everytime i looked at it i'd drink and check off.
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    I have one of those reusable plastic cups with a lid and straw, its about 20 oz. I fill it up porbably 6-7 times a day, and I make sure that when I get up to go to the bathroom I refill it afteards.
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    I keep a water bottle with me at absolutely all time - even if it is the small 500 mL water bottle I got at walmart, which is all that fits in many of my purses. I own water bottles of all diferent sizes so that I can carry one in all different scenarios. when you are seated at a desk or on the couch, keep a BIG water bottle next to you. if its there, you will drink it :)
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I bring a big stainless steel water bottle and fill it up and plop it next to me at my desk. Generally, if it's there, I'll drink it.

Also, I've calculated how many of them I have to drink in order to down 12 glasses of water, and I make sure that I drink that amount before allowing myself any "extraneous" beverages (read: diet soda).

I also have a large cup that I keep full and right next to me at my desk at work:)
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    I have a desk job and our office keeps the 8oz water bottles. I take a sharpie and # them as I drink them. It seems to make me drink more when I'm on a low # and the day has gone by. I don't have a problem at night drinking water when i work out and eat dinner.
  • sfh0wrd
    Options
    I get intimidated by those HUGE water bottles, so I just keep a 16oz nalgene bottle with me at work. I try to drink 2 bottles before lunch and 2 after. I don't always get there, but it helps having a reusable bottle.

I also just found this widget (for my droid) called tracker savvy. I just searched "water widget", and tada! I know MFP has a water tracker, but having a little glass of water on my homescreen with the number of cups of water I have left to drink is really cool.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I keep my water bottle full at all times. I have a 24 ounce water bottle that I fill up at night and put in the fridge so it's nice and cold first thing in the morning, and then it doesn't leave my side all day. I take it with me EVERYWHERE. I've gotten to wear I feel naked if I don't have it with me!

I make sure I have at least 3 of them full a day (so that's 72 ounces) but I often drink even more when I work out or just because. Also I take a medication that makes me really thirsty so I tend to drink a lot of water anyway.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    I drink like a camel so I am good :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    By drinking water.

You could develop that concept into a book.

Hahaha! Yeah, that's deep! :laugh: :wink:

I try! :laugh: