what!? and how!? do I do this???

Options
ok need some tips...i'm very happy with what is going on with my body so far BUT i really need to have this belly toned up- i've seen that lifting weights helps with this...can you recommend type of weights and what type of reps to actually do to help w/ the stomach??

thanks!!

Replies

• xTenaciousJx
    Options
    anyone!?
  • bgillis7
    bgillis7 Posts: 124
    Options
    running.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    ^ Yup. I can totally feel it in my abs after I run. Try Couch to 5K on iTunes or the website if you're new to running.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    thanks =D
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Rockin abs mean you need to lose body fat. Most people have great abs, but they are just under a layer of fat. Eat a deficit with healty foods and train hard and they will start revealing themselves.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    running.

THIS!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Running??? :noway:

Deadlifts, squats and a calorie deficit.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    running.

Yep, this has always done it faster than anything else for me.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    ok need some tips...i'm very happy with what is going on with my body so far BUT i really need to have this belly toned up- i've seen that lifting weights helps with this...can you recommend type of weights and what type of reps to actually do to help w/ the stomach??

thanks!!

Check out the book New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a great way to start. :)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Yep.. As Carrie said. Calorie deficit + resistance training will give you that lean, toned look.

You can't spot reduce fat. :)
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Yep.. As Carrie said. Calorie deficit + resistance training will give you that lean, toned look.

You can't spot reduce fat. :)

Uh, I dunno Sublog. That pic doesn't look like you really know much about what you are talking about? LOL!! Lost 157 lbs AND accomplished some serious rippage. Killer job bro!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Would someone mind adding a "how to do i get rid of my belly" post to the unofficial faq? It comes up like once a day....

edit: oh wait, we do have one :smile:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390198-how-do-i-get-abs
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

• xTenaciousJx
    Options
    thanks everyone, and sorry to be redundant... :(
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Agreed!! Also agree with above poster that everyone has abs but you have to uncover them through diet while building them through strength training!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Most women do far too little weights and resistance training.

Without steroids, You aren't going to get bulky and look like a freak. If it was that easy, female bodybuilders would be plentiful.

If you wanna look good naked, start lifting.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    thanks =D
    Most women do far too little weights and resistance training.

Without steroids, You aren't going to get bulky and look like a freak. If it was that easy, female bodybuilders would be plentiful.

If you wanna look good naked, start lifting.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    i've been doing a lot of aerobics w/ toning bands and started Jillian Michael's Cardio blast (she's a beast) and i can feel my abs in there...haha
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    thanks sorry again :/
    Would someone mind adding a "how to do i get rid of my belly" post to the unofficial faq? It comes up like once a day....

edit: oh wait, we do have one :smile:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390198-how-do-i-get-abs