Ladies & Bras

Options
I am still a large woman with large breasts but I'm working on reducing my size. Any suggestions on finding a bra that works well for running? My breasts are sore after I run because they are not properly supported/restrained. I don't find sports bras work for me. I also can't go into any store and buy a bra. They have to fit. Please help me with your suggestions.

Replies

• munchgen
    munchgen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a DD and I can't stand for my boobs to bounce when I am running b/c I feel like people are always stearing at me and as well as they hurt from the bouncing. I have found to wear my normal bra, then a sports bra over and maybe even a tanktop with a shelf bra as well. I know that sounds like a lot but it helps me. Not only that when you are sweating you get the tanktop wet first before it starts on your outer layer of your shirt.
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am DD and love running. ENELL and Moving Comfort brands are awesome for control. A little costly, but well made and will last a while.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You should get properly fitted for a bra, band size is relative to cup size. If you go down in band size, you're suppose to go up in bra size. I got fitted at Vicky's! =)
  • lyoung0216
    Options
    I am a large D, used to always have that issue with running and jumping jacks. I finally found a sports bra that works, no bouncing what so ever. Its Under Armour, little pricy but works very well. Will definitely hold you in place.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/pid1220231
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i dont know what brands you have in the US, but I wear shock absorber Max or Run bras 38DD and they are pretty good, i usually buy a size smaller for extra 'bounce stopping'!!

Enell are meant to be really good for larger sizes too :)

You are better trying to get to a store and try them on, a always have a good jump about in the changing room see how well they work lol
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So i tried moving comfort, underarmor, and thriumph sports bras of different types on in the dressing room and jumped up and down and surprisingly enough I found triumph the best (but only one type and i cant remember what it was called) but the sizes in the one I liked only came in small medium and large. Im a 34 D and medium fit best but the band is tight (at least at first). Underarmor had lots of adjusters bit Id definately need to wear another bra with it. Moving comfort was a bit better.

Personally Im interested in anyone whos the same size as me who has tried the lynx bras (I know enell is suppose to bw great but they come up so high and are so ugly and the triumph one actually looked nice).
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am a large D, used to always have that issue with running and jumping jacks. I finally found a sports bra that works, no bouncing what so ever. Its Under Armour, little pricy but works very well. Will definitely hold you in place.

YES! JUMPING JACKS!!!!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options

YES! JUMPING JACKS!!!!

Jumping jacks are no fun. They are just painful. I finally found a sports bra from Nike that works really well for me.
  • sheddingmyfatsuit
    sheddingmyfatsuit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ennell all the way. They are expensive but they definitely keep the girls locked and loaded AND they last a very long time. Well worth the investment.
  • Laceypalooza
    Options
    I am also trying to reduce my cup size, and I put on an old wireless bra (the wiring started to poke out so I took it out), and either two or three large sports bras (they came in a variety pack from target) on top of that. They keep me in. I have to do this, because I'm a DDD, and it takes much more for me to be kept in and not bouncing all over the place (which I don't do much of since I've been doing this), and its cheaper on my wallet!
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am a DD and I can't stand for my boobs to bounce when I am running b/c I feel like people are always stearing at me and as well as they hurt from the bouncing. I have found to wear my normal bra, then a sports bra over and maybe even a tanktop with a shelf bra as well. I know that sounds like a lot but it helps me. Not only that when you are sweating you get the tanktop wet first before it starts on your outer layer of your shirt.

This is exactly what I do! Normal bra, but with no underwire, then I tight sports bra over, with a workout tank with a built in sports bra. It took some time to get used to bc I couldn't breathe at first, but I've been doing this for a year now and I'm used to it
  • CoderGal
    Options

This is exactly what I do! Normal bra, but with no underwire, then I tight sports bra over, with a workout tank with a built in sports bra. It took some time to get used to bc I couldn't breathe at first, but I've been doing this for a year now and I'm used to it

This is why I looked for that triumph bra, so I dont have to do this
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ennell all the way. They are expensive but they definitely keep the girls locked and loaded AND they last a very long time. Well worth the investment.

LMAO "Locked and Loaded" -- I'm sold. Just bought one today :) $60..not too awful.
  • mester09
    mester09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36 E and I wear a normal bra and then 2 to 3 sports bras on top of that. I don't like the feeling of running with just a sports bras
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wacoal bras seem to work best for me for any kind of exercise. I went to Nordstrom and got properly fitted--which by the way, they say women should do EVERY 6 MONTHS! They're expensive but you get what you pay for. Also, you could just get fitted without buying it, then look for the bra on eBay. Works like a charm for me! :)
  • sarahbeth6
    Options
    I know what your going through. I am an F, and I get my sport bras from Nordstrom. That is the only place i found that had a size that would hold me in place.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36D and a marathon runner (training for number 11!), but have always had to wear 2 bras on most runs or during any sort of cardio (lest a set of jumping jacks end with a boob to the face and a black eye). I like Moving Comfort for shorter runs, but I found that the zip-front Under Armour bras keep the girls in nicely. Its a little bit of a struggle to get into, and at first I was afraid the bra might unzip mid-exercise, but I've had no problems and LOVE them, I will definitely be buying more.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I'm a 36D and a marathon runner (training for number 11!), but have always had to wear 2 bras on most runs or during any sort of cardio (lest a set of jumping jacks end with a boob to the face and a black eye). I like Moving Comfort for shorter runs, but I found that the zip-front Under Armour bras keep the girls in nicely. Its a little bit of a struggle to get into, and at first I was afraid the bra might unzip mid-exercise, but I've had no problems and LOVE them, I will definitely be buying more.
    Way to go! I tried the uu zip and didnt find it better tho :(
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I tried the uu zip and didnt find it better tho :(

I've heard good things about the Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer, at least the folks at Runner's World seemed to like it
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a DD and I wear the "shock absorber." Best sports bra I have come across and I have tried them all! It is not cheap but worth the money. The cheapest I found them was on Amazon.com. Sizing is standard. If you are a D, it fits a D. Not like some bra's that say D and really mean C.
    Hope this helps.