How often and when do you exercise?

Options
How often and what time of day do YOU exercise, and why?

Replies

• poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Every other day and at night ( my gym is open 24 hour). I'm not a morning person at all lol
  • KCharron20
    Options
    I work out 6x a week. 3 Mornings a week I hit the gym at 4:30 am. Saturday mornings I get there at 5:30 am and I go 2x a week at 6:30 at night to meet with a trainer. I love to work out early in the morning. I find I have a lot more energy all day long. I love working out with my trainer. I really feel like it's someone I'm accountable too outside of my family and friends. I know that his first question will be: "How's your diet?" and I really love that he pushes me to do things I don't think I can do, but he has faith that I can.
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started out going 3x per week. Now I have upped it to 5 or 6x per week. I have found that I enjoy it and why keep myself from doing something I enjoy that is going to help me become healthier?

Edited to add: I go in the evenings typically right after I get off work. On Saturday's I go in the morning about 9am or so.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I go at night (around 9 or 10, after I've run out of every excuse not to go). How often depends on my mood, but I am aiming for 6 nights per week.
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    3-5 times a week. twice a week in the evening, twice a week ni the morning and once a week in the afternoon. I only run
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    6 days a week (sometimes 7, but one day is easier like yoga). Time varies, but usually not early in the morning as I can't seem to get to the level of intensity I usually do. And I try not to work out late at night because the adrenaline keeps me awake at night.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    About 6 days a week and it varies. This is my typical week:

Sunday: 9am Hot Vinyasa yoga class
    Monday: 5:45pm Hot Yoga class
    Tuesday: after work (around 5:45/6) Run/ upper body weight day
    Wednesday: after work Cross training/lower body weight day
    Thursday: after work Run/upper body weight day
    Friday: REST
    Saturday: mid morning Looooong run day (I do this outside as often as possible)

Although if I have something going on after work, like my son's t-ball practice or something, I'll drag my butt to the gym in the morning before work. I do not like those days (like today).
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    6 days a week
    Mon-Friday 8am at gym and running in the evenings sometimes too
    Sat gym or track at 8 or 9 am
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    About 6 days a week. Goal is to average 40 minutes a day (spreadsheet). Week days - after work / Weekends - AM

Because I'm old & was out of shape....... no seriously if I want to maintain a weight loss (and NOT diet) for the rest of my life .... I NEED to exercise. I never thought I would look forward to regular exercise ... now I do!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    About 6 days a week and it varies. This is my typical week:

Sunday: 9am Hot Vinyasa yoga class
    Monday: 5:45pm Hot Yoga class
    Tuesday: after work (around 5:45/6) Run/ upper body weight day
    Wednesday: after work Cross training/lower body weight day
    Thursday: after work Run/upper body weight day
    Friday: REST
    Saturday: mid morning Looooong run day (I do this outside as often as possible)

That's awesome... i like how you have a variety.
    Although if I have something going on after work, like my son's t-ball practice or something, I'll drag my butt to the gym in the morning before work. I do not like those days (like today).
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    generally work a lot of ealy shifts ( 6-12) , so tend to be at the gym anytime before 4 and after 12. Aim for gym mon wed fri , and aim for 2 hours martial arts tues thurs and some weekend days (:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    About 6 days a week. Goal is to average 40 minutes a day (spreadsheet). Week days - after work / Weekends - AM

Because I'm old & was out of shape....... no seriously if I want to maintain a weight loss (and NOT diet) for the rest of my life .... I NEED to exercise. I never thought I would look forward to regular exercise ... now I do!

Thanks for the laugh :happy:
    I used to hate exercising, now that i understand it and am tuned in with my body it feels great!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    4-5 days/week 30 min per session, I workout at lunch I do 2-3 strength training days and 2 cardio days/week.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Cardio from 9am-10am 7 days a week (my daughter is at school from 8:30-11)
    weight training 5 days a week usually evenings when my husband gets home from work.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Everyday except during TOM, and some Sundays.

I exercise anytime I can, I prefer mornings, will do nights, and some afternoons and mid-day classes
  • Struggling4abetterme
    Options
    I'm new on the exercise goal. I'm trying to do the walk slim video with leslie sansone 4 miles..but I'm not sure if this is good enough..I'm trying to lose at least 40 pounds..What tipe of videos should I be looking for?
  • grandma_mommy
    Options
    I try to do something almost everyday, even if it is just a 1 mile walk.
  • athensguy
    Options
    I run 4 to 6 times per week. On weekdays, I'll start between 4:30 and 5:30. On the weekends, I usually run before 10 AM so I don't have to deal with too much sun.
  • chellk71
    Options
    I don't count my walking from work which I do 5 days a week. But I do at least 30 minutes a day everyday. Usually mid mornings. Cause kids at school and husband at work since I work evenings.
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    I workout 5-7 days a week in the morning. If I don't do it first thing in the morning, then it's not going to get done! LOL

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter