How often and when do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on my day. I do some sort of exercise 5-6 days a week. Usually in the early afternoon, after hubby leaves for work, while the baby is napping, and before my oldest is home from school. Sometimes it's later in the day and with my oldest doing something with me.
  • seaglass2
    Options
    6 days a week in the am because if I don't do it in the morning it just doesn't get done!
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I aim for 4-5 hours per week. On days I work I am stuck doing after 5pm but on the weekends its around 9-10am and I prefer that time of day :) Keeps me energized all day long
  • DebDesautels
    DebDesautels Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I got 5 to 6 times a week, 5:30pm-6:00pm Monday-Friday and around 8am on Saturday and Sunday. I usually try to do 4 week days and one day on the weekend. If I'm "feeling it" on the weekend, I'll add in the 6th day but it's usually nothing too heavy duty - like 30-45 minutes cardio but nothing too strenuous.

But I try to get up to 10,000 steps on my pedometer every day - even on the days I don't do an organized workout.
  • I1ahunt
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week unless something important takes up my entire day...I usually workout twice a day three days a week and once a day the other four.....I do it because I am fortunate enough to have a gym at work so I can use my lunch hour to work out then eat at my desk.... I usually do my weight training and 30 minutes of cardio while at work...then in the evening I go to the Gym with my wife and do an hour of cardio....It started out just to support my wife so she wasn't going to the gym by herself, but I am seeing good results and enjoy it so I have kept it up.

MON, WED, FRI 2 a days........TUE, THUR, SAT, SUN 1 a days
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I do something active every day. I go for a 2-3 mi walk on my lunch every day, usually that's it for my rest/in between days. The other 4 days a week that I "exercise" I have been doing in addition to my walk, 30DS and I go for a run. If I feel I want or need a total rest day, I do that, but walking is so easy.

Oh, and I walk on my lunch time and do my workout/runs in the evening around 8-9pm
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Mines is 5-8.... Weird range, but it work multiple times a day sometimes
  • erjan2410
    Options
    7 days a week. Crosstrainer 45mins - 450 calories, treadmill 45mins - 460 calories... Burn 1000 minumum everyday and eat 1100 calories, lost a stone in 6 weeks
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    3-4 times a week, strengthening and 30 min cardio, usuallly an hour and a half total at gym, been averaging 3 days a week lately. I go around 9 am when i drop my daughter off at preschool. on the days i dont go, i give myself 2 rest days a week and then i do Wii Zumba or Just Dance for 45 min at home, also try to do this if i miss a gym day due to a heavy workload at work.
  • 10_M
    10_M Posts: 22
    Options
    I walk everywhere I go, walk up and down stairs between classes, then I go to the gym after class for 30 minute to 1 hour. When I do not have class I go for a long run!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I walk my dogs everyday for at least an hour. On the weekends, i walk them a bit long just because I have the time. I play team sports two nights a week and I workout at home at least one other night a week. Then I hit it hard on the week-ends. So, walking, everyday. Workouts about 6x a week.

15878158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym M, W, F mornings at about 8:00am. I do about an hour with 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of weights. I try to walk the dog for about 20-30 minutes a day and on the weekends, I walk as much as I can :).
  • bigtone34
    Options
    Monday-Thursday I do it as soon as I get home (4:00 PM) Friday I do it mid morning before lunch. Saturday is my off day and Sunday I also do mid morning.
  • davepavone
    Options
    I do mornings 5 days a week at the gym 45 min to 1 hr . Weekends I do walks outside 2 to 5 miles sometimes in sections.
  • kjbuckw
    Options
    I do 5 days a week, Friday and Sunday are my rest days.....unless one of my children gets sick on a work out day and then I drag myself to the gym Sunday afternoon :wink: I go in the mornings-not early say around 9ish get my work out in and then grab the kids out of the kid's room and send them into swim lessons. I found out very quickly, for me, if I wait until evening I never make it the kids have sports or need this and that and before you know it my pjs are on and I am watching Castle......crazy how that works. I also don't sleep well when I work out to late. My hubby is the opposite, he loves going right before the gym closes, the weight room is much emptier and he doesn't have to wait around for the machines. I say whatever works......as long as we are getting it done:wink:
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week (double workouts). I am doing the 30 day shred in the mornings (6am), and I do cardio exercises in the evenings at my local gym. I like doing my workout video in the morning, because it is quick and intense and I find that I have lots more energy throughout the day and I notice it helps with stress management throughout the day. I also like doing Cardio in the evenings because I workout with a partner and its great catch up and unwinding time.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I exercise 5-6 days per week because I want to ensure with the weight loss that I am also toning up. Plus, I enjoy working out......okay, so sometimes I don't...but for the most part I do. I feel great afterwards!
  • MiaBoop40
    Options
    I work out mon-fri mostly cardio or sculpting 30 or 50 minute workouts, The time varies usually 4pm or 6pm when my energy is higher in that part of the day. If I work out in the am doing cardio im usually less involved. So pretty much better to do my afternoon workout when the energy is surging. sat and sunday I will go walking on the track @ 430am or 5am for maintenance, walking at a brisk pace for 30 minutes to and 1 hour usually makes me feel a whole lot better and plenty of fresh air.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Depends on my work schedule. I work two half days/wk, one of those is always on Wednesday, but the other half day changes. For the month of February it's been like this:

Monday (work 8:30am-1pm)--2ish-3ish (30min walk/jog/run with my cousin in the park, 20min swiss ball exercises/calisthenics, 10min stretching)

Tuesday (work 8:30am-5pm)--5:30pm-7:30pm (15min elliptical, 15-20min strength training, 10min wave glider, another 15-20min strength training, 15min elliptical, 10-15min stretching)

Wednesday (work 8:30am-1pm)--1:30pm-3:30pm (1 hr cardio circuit, 30--45min ball crunches, ball squats, calf raises, lunges, etc..., 10-15min stretching)

Thursday (work 8:30am-5pm)--5:30pm-7:30pm (Same as Tuesday)

Friday (work 8:30pm-5pm)--5:30pm-6:30pm, gym closes early on Fridays (1hr zone workout on treadmill, 10min stretching)

Saturday (sleep in until around 8am)--8:30am-10am (Go to park for 30 min walk/jog/run, 45min swiss ball exercises/calisthenics, 15min stretching)

Sunday--Rest/Recovery Day, so LOTS of sleep :yawn: :wink:
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    During winter I go 5-6 days a week from 5am-7am. I alternate cardio and strength days, but some are classes which incorporate both. On Sat its a spin class from 7a-8a. Then sometimes I'll go again 1-2 evenings but only as time allows. Once spring arrives my world changes and I cant go nearly as often until fall comes back around. Then I do my own home workouts as I can fit them in plus biking and chores at our hobby farm (raising hogs). I also fish competative bass tournaments which is more intense than most people would think - I might wear my HRM monitor to a tournament just for fun!