Zumba Videos??

Options
I took a Zumba class a few months ago and absolutely loved it! Unfortunately my work schedule has changed and I haven't found any classes I can go to that fit into my schedule. Does anyone have any recommendations for good Zumba (or similar dance/excercise) videos I can do at home? There are too many to choose from! I've looked at 10 Minute Solutions, Dancing with the Stars, Jillian Michaels....everything!

(On a side note - I don't have a Wii or XBox 360, so the games that go with those are out of the question unfortunately)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• PeggysDad
    Options
    Saw some good ones on QVC UK.

Not sure where you are but might be worth checking QVC if you have one.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking for a class-like DVD, you can get the one off DVDs on Ebay for cheap ... The actual EXHILARATE disc from the second one is kind of my go-to when I can't make a class.
  • rowtard
    rowtard Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Get the zumba dvds or games ! I have the PS3 game and it's fantastic :-)
  • butjuli
    butjuli Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Fitness Party videos and they're great!! There's a cardio one and a strength one that are both an hour I believe, and there's an express workout one that's only 25 minutes for when you are short on time =] I do it right in my living room. It's a good time, and a great work out!
  • PeggysDad
    Options
    Get the zumba dvds or games ! I have the PS3 game and it's fantastic :-)

The OP said they don't have a console unfortunately.
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii and love it!!! It came with a belt for the remote to go into that sits on your hips.

P.S. my husband calls it my Batman utility belt.
  • mrscdgogan
    Options
    Zumba fitness live is awesome! It comes with 55 minute live workout, and then a 20 minute abs video on the same disc!! I really like it. I bought the zumba set off of ebay, for liek $68 and i am glad I did, I really like it! What I like most about it is, that even being bigger, you can do it! It's not so hard that you can't finish or want to give up, but it's hard enough that you are tired and sweating afterwards! Go on ebay and look for them! The set came with several DVD's but I usually do the Zumba Fitness Live one because i like it best. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you want! :bigsmile:
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    They have some Zumba videos on Youtube that I've been doing but I don't think they'll keep me interested for too much longer. I've never done Zumba before and would love to get into it more but I don't want to spend the $90 on the Zumba Fitness official dvds. I've heard the games are good (though not an option for you) but I'm still looking for an affordable dvd option. Sorry to not be more help! Good luck!
  • zumbasanae
    zumbasanae Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a Zumba instructor...go to www.zumba.com and check out the Zumba Exhilarate DVDs. It doesn't replace the experience of a live class but it's a great way to get your Zumba at home.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVD that you get on TV from the infomercials They work in a pinch but I like the live classes better

Not to change the subject but how many calories (approximately ) an hour des Zumba burn. I usually go 3 times a week to a class. I know it all depends on the intensity and your own weigt but Im not sure how to figure it out. Any ideas??
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the actual Zumba DVDs. My daughter was in the same situation - schedule change didn't fit with Zumba class schedule so I bought her the DVDs (which I love and use regularly). She loved them. In fact, a friend of hers was visiting and they did them together and now the friend has ordered them.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The actual Zumba (from Zumba.com) ones are always good... I have also heard some good things about Yoga, Booty, Ballet... And I really want to try the Core Rhythms ones. and if you want to mix it up there is always YouTube.. ;-)

ETA: I would get a couple (or see if your library has any you can borrow) different ones to mix it up a bit.
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    If you like Zumba class then you should like Zumba for the Wii, I love it. I tried the videos and I didn't like them.