Good Bye Muffin Top !!

Options
OK ...So exercising & Dieting seems to be working but all the wrong places, After the Birth of my 2 wonderful children i managed to loose some of the weight, but i am now stuck with this awful looking body shape called the MUFFIN TOP !!
It's pretty bad that Wikipedia now has the definition for this. (posted below)

"Muffin-top" is a generally pejorative slang term used to describe the phenomenon of overhanging fat when it spills over the waistline of pants or skirts of overweight people in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing.

"Well not exactly just overweight people Wikipedia".

Now that we know the what it is " How the heck do we get rid of this?

Any Suggestions?

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Reduce your overall fat percentage will make it smaller. Lift heavy weights to tone & strengthen your core, back, etc and that will make you look sleeker.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would get rid of my muffin top after children, but yes, it's possible! I'm going to ditto what the previous poster said. If you are already eating clean and doing cardio exercises, lift heavy weight to tone & strengthen your core. Planks are also good.
  • mauretta1980
    mauretta1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OK ...So exercising & Dieting seems to be working but all the wrong places, After the Birth of my 2 wonderful children i managed to loose some of the weight, but i am now stuck with this awful looking body shape called the MUFFIN TOP !!
    It's pretty bad that Wikipedia now has the definition for this. (posted below)

"Muffin-top" is a generally pejorative slang term used to describe the phenomenon of overhanging fat when it spills over the waistline of pants or skirts of overweight people in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing.

"Well not exactly just overweight people Wikipedia".

Now that we know the what it is " How the heck do we get rid of this?

Any Suggestions?
    [/quote]
  • mauretta1980
    Options
    Thank you for the Tip :) i will have to try this
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    I never thought I would get rid of my muffin top after children, but yes, it's possible! I'm going to ditto what the previous poster said. If you are already eating clean and doing cardio exercises, lift heavy weight to tone & strengthen your core. Planks are also good.

What is planking
  • mauretta1980
    Options
    I do planks a lot, this is one of my favorite core exercises, i even do planks side to side, Maybe i am not doing them properly. Could be it.
    Thank you guys i definitely will take this advice tonight when i get to the gym. :)
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There have been some wicked results from a Jillian Michael's workout video called "30 Day Shred". There's a lot of success stories/pics posted and there's groups for it too. The video is available in many stores as well as on iTunes and various cable on-demand channels. If you want planks then by God, Jillian will give them to you! ;)

Oh you can also look it up on uTube. Level 1 in its entirety is there.
  • mauretta1980
    Options
    Thank you for this i will search it this evening, is there just a level one or can i complete the whole program on you tube.
    Much Thanks :)
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. You cannot target a specific location on your body for fat loss.
  • mauretta1980
    Options
    Thank you, i will keep this in mind :)
    Much Thanks
    Keep doing what you're doing. You cannot target a specific location on your body for fat loss.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Get bigger pants. Just kidding. You can do it, just keep working at it. I have two kids. =D
  • mauretta1980
    Options
    Get bigger pants. Just kidding. You can do it, just keep working at it. I have two kids. =D
    thank you for the kind words lol