Skinny noodles low carb -no calories

Options
Has anybody tried this plant base noodle..Soubds to good to be true?

Replies

• nukie19
    Options
    I think they are pretty good - just know that you won't get anything that actually tastes quite like pasta (sort of how veggie burgers are tasty but don't taste like meat). My suggestion is to try them stir-fried - just throw them in the pan for the last few minutes of cooking. It will help you get used to the texture and pick up a lot of flavors.

Eating them straight with pasta sauce is a little weird tasting.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have tried Shirataki noodles and you know, they're not bad! I rinse the daylights out of them(cool water) drain really well, and heat them up in the microwave for a minute. I eat them with my homemade spag. and meatballs. My kids tried them and didn't think they were bad-much better than rice pasta.
  • Zumbaeng
    Zumbaeng Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've seen kelp noodles and they looked bad. I've had the Shirataki fetticini noodles. I stir fried them Asain style. They don't taste bad in fact they don't taste like anything. They have an odd bounce back texture that I didn't like. Not a fan of them. If I want pasta, I eat the sauce and meatballs with one or two slices of Julian's Smart Carb Bread.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have Miracle Noodles at home and used them in a stir fry Monday night, in fact. They work really well in stir fry but I don't think I could eat them with just spaghetti sauce. The texture just isn't like pasta.

I rinse them really well then use a pair of kitchen shears to cut the noodles to a more manageable size. This last time I followed the advice of someone else and threw them in a hot pan for about two minutes before I started cooking the chicken (then put them aside until the end) but I didn't really notice much difference in the final texture of them.

The best part is, my husband really dislikes anything diet or "weird" (his term) but he hasn't even questioned these noodles being in stir fry. I find that they are pretty similar to glass noodles, apparently, so does he.
  • hotrodchili
    Options
    Thanks for all the help and ideas..
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I think they are pretty good - just know that you won't get anything that actually tastes quite like pasta (sort of how veggie burgers are tasty but don't taste like meat). My suggestion is to try them stir-fried - just throw them in the pan for the last few minutes of cooking. It will help you get used to the texture and pick up a lot of flavors.

Eating them straight with pasta sauce is a little weird tasting.

^^ agreed. wash them, rinse them well, let them dry on paper towel
    add them to a stir fry with oyster/soy sauce and veg/meat to your desire and they are a great tasting low cal meal (not distinguishable from other noodles, imo)