Replies

• jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Biochemistry and Health [Sciences/Policy/Sociology] major. A pre-med student, if you couldn't guess. Lots of science classes and and ever-increasing number of hours spent in labs! It seems I have a fair number of female compatriots now, but I know a high percentage of originally premed students give up the ghost after organic, so we'll see how that applies as I move up through more advanced sciences.
  • mslindsay
    mslindsay Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lab technician for an environmental company. I am wanting to go back to school.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm in Earth/Environmental Sciences! Either working in consulting for a bit or going for my masters in biogeochemistry in a few months
  • Mandy_PSU
    Options
    PhD in developmental psychology followed by a postdoc in cognitive neuroscience. Now I'm joint faculty across the two fields. The boys' club of neuroscience was a huge change for me after psychology. In neuroscience I always feel like I have to fight against that initial assumption that as I woman I probably don't know what I'm doing. Forces you to be a better scientist and more prepared. I'm happy I got to "grow up" in developmental psychology before tackling that.
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm studying geology.

There's about 50/50 of males and females in my class though, which is pretty impressive seeing as a majority of geologists are men :)
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm in Earth/Environmental Sciences! Either working in consulting for a bit or going for my masters in biogeochemistry in a few months

biogeochemistry? what kind of work does one do?

edit: wiki'd it, you're in the clear.

i figured it was more closely resembling fluvial geomorphology, but its more broad (see what i did there?)
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

biogeochemistry? what kind of work does one do?

edit: wiki'd it, you're in the clear.

i figured it was more closely resembling fluvial geomorphology, but its more broad (see what i did there?)

haha nicely done!
  • tegtmeyerd
    tegtmeyerd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How about engineers?? I have a master's in environmental engineering, although I should have been an English major given the number of reports I write/review! The places I've worked have had a lot of female engineers/scientists but college was mostly men.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    [
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Masters in Molecular Microbiology! About 50:50 in my lab, so females aren't that rare. . .
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I'm studying geology.

There's about 50/50 of males and females in my class though, which is pretty impressive seeing as a majority of geologists are men :)

YES! My Bachelor's is in Geology. It was that way when I was in school for it. When I started my Master's in Engineering, well, there are only 2 girls in the grad program I'm in ha!
  • tineekanicole
    Options
    Hooray for Science!! I have a B.S. in Biology..taught High School for a while. I decided to get my Masters in Healthcare Administration so I deal mostly with paper pushing now. But I'm considering going to Med School..not sure though.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have a BA in Biochemistry! And another degree in Nursing. I dont currently use either but might be again here shortly!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I have degrees in both biology and chemistry and on my way to having my MD.