Inspiration ???

Options
Did you have an person or a event or story that inspired you to eat healthy and loose unnecessary pounds ?

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    diabetes. Never cared to lose weight or be healthy pretty much all my life until my late 20's found out Dec. 2009 I had diabetes type II. It was my kick start to start losing and be healthier.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My inspiration was slow to build - when I was in a 22 I said it was time. It didn't happen. Then my 22s started getting tight, and I still wasn't motivated.

My motivation really struck when I bought a dress for a family wedding and I couldn't get it zipped - not even with spanx and a corset on. That day, I had my last big meal, and the next day I found MFP. I lost 13 pounds before the wedding and was able to wear my dress.

I realized after I started that it was time - I snored and was always tired, my blood pressure had started to rise. I was uncomfortable and never looked in the mirror anymore. My sex drive was gone because i was unhappy with myself. It hurt to climb the stairs and I'd get winded doing laundry. At 274 and 5'5" I was slowly killing myself - and I was ashamed.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    My 'get off your @ss' moment was when I found out we were going to have pay more out of pocket for our health benefits at work if we were not leading a healthy lifestyle. I refuse to pay more for health benefits.....
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Seeing my Dad commit to do it, and do so well while he was in pain from a bad back!! If he could, so could I. That was my first motivation, but also for me. I want to be healthy again, and food isn't worth risking it.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    right around my son's 2nd birthday. I had lost most of the baby weight but we were talking about trying for another and I didn't want to begin at a higher weight when I got pregnant and have to lose even more the second time around.
  • irishgirl63
    Options
    Seeing my Dad commit to do it, and do so well while he was in pain from a bad back!! If he could, so could I. That was my first motivation, but also for me. I want to be healthy again, and food isn't worth risking it.
    [/quote

:)]
  • Eranajb
    Eranajb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My sister had sucessful gastric surgery last year. Suddenly I was the over weight one...and i had always been the skinny one. But with three kids and several health problems, things had got out of hand! To think in my twenties i had anorexia!
    I really want to be healthy, but i don't want to go back to obsessive eating or 5 hours at the gym. I have a life now!
  • Catherine0205
    Options
    Yes! The event was my annual checkup. My blood pressure was up as well as cholestral. I am going for a 30 lb. loss before I decide to take medication.
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Thanks Sweety Love you !!!