do you ever order clothes a size too small??

Options
I have done it in the past, but I wasn't in the ZONE mentally like I am now. Haven't eaten any rubbish and have been doing loads of exercise, unlike the last time I ordered something a size too small. Previous items were either returned or hung in the wardrobe making me feel guilty about having wasted money!

But I'm really tempted to order something to motivate myself ! (although, I am actually feeling motivated right now). So maybe I just want to spend money and buy clothes. ;-p

Replies

• 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    yes, it has helped alot!

now have wedding dress 2 sizes smaller yo fit into haha
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like these jeans in size TEN...........
    http://www.oasis-stores.com/Cherry-Coloured-Jeans/Jeans/oasis/fcp-product/3250160608

I don't like them in size 12!

I love those brightly coloured jeans but I suspect at 41 I may be a decade too old for those. :-9
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    yes, it has helped alot!

now have wedding dress 2 sizes smaller yo fit into haha

Yeah that would really motivate me, when are you getting married?
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Haha, I just did it!

A dress that I thought was discontinued came to me unexpectedly (and was offered at a ridiculously discounted price), but was one size too small... but I bought it anyways. haha I think it'll help motivate me.

I also bought a bikini to motivate me. :) I think it works!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    No.

I like to try clothes on to make sure they fit. Plus as you lose weight, you change shape, so what suited you at a larger size might not be so flattering when you're smaller.

I use the promise of a shopping trip as a motivator!
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    If you order on line, you have a few days to lose a few more grams of course. I do wear different clothes when I'm size ten. I'm not all focused on drawing the eye AWAY from my tubby torso. When I am size ten I think 'well, i'm going to wear a belt and show off the hard work'! so i don't wear the same stuff just smaller.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    No. Unless it was by accident :)
  • farcry66
    farcry66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I currently have a large suitcase of clothes that are a size or 2 too small because people have given me their cast offs so I don;t have to buy new clothes until I am at target. Actually, last night I got the suitcase out and was trying on the clothes and lots of them fit now YAY. Not sure when I get close to target I would do it though, as melaniecheeks says, you change shape as well as size.

I am so looking forward to my 'reward' shopping trip. I need to start saving up for it actually. Until then it is supermarket clothes or other peoples handouts!
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    I treat myself every month to a few smaller items... one, for motivation.. and two, coz i'd never afford a whole new wardrobe of clothes in one go... just cant wait till i fit back into some of my older clothes also!!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    No. Unless it was by accident :)
    Pretty much this.
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've done this in the past thinking I would lose weight but it backfired and I ended up gaining (I wasn't on a serious weight loss plan at the time). I still kept them though and now I can fit into all of them! I still buy the odd item a size too small when it's super cheap. I find it's awesome motivation!
  • bethwoodhall
    bethwoodhall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've ordered one size down too small - I've got to be able to "get them on" and little by little see the change. If they are way too small, that's just depressing for me. What are you planning to do?
  • jlee0623
    Options
    I have done it in the past, I think buying clothes a size smaller does work and it is a great motivator. I bought a bikini for a trip to Hawaii. Every time I tried it on, I looked at areas which needed more attention. By time it was time for the trip, I had abs that I was extremely proud of... and that cover up I bought (just in case) wasn't needed.

Different things work for different people. Some times what may have worked in the past might not work in the future. When I was a teenager, my friend Mandy and I would cut out pictures from the Sports illustrated bikini addition. (This is going to sound absolutely wrong)Now a strong motivator for me is seeing a picture of someone larger than myself. ‘Cause ultimately I could be that person, that could be my future.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have never done it before, but my daughter is getting married in May, and I need to get my MOB dress soon. Considering ordering it one size down from where I'm at today, but nervous about what to do if I don't fit it when the big day comes.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of black skinny jeans in a size too small, and on Monday I put them on---AND THEY FIT! It was definitely a good motivator for me!
  • Stasha17
    Options
    I have! Im excited to say I ordered the jeans I'm wearing now too smal about a month ago and this morning they fit great. YYYYEEEEESSSS!!!!!!! It works for me. I also have an dress hanging in my room as my motivation. Its two sizes to small. I'll see you soon little Black dress.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress I love in a size 8, which is 4 sizes smaller. I hung it on the bedroom door and I look at it every day for motivation. :smile:
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I just did it twice recently! About a month ago, I was at Costco, and they had women's Kenneth Cole slacks for only $13... $13! However, they only came in sizes 2-12... I bought the size 12, which is probably more like a 10. I was able to put them on, and zip them up, but they fit like a really tight pair of jeans, instead of business slacks, but I figure in another 10-15 lbs, they will look great!

I also have a pair of jeans that fit me really great, and that is hard to find. I went online and ordered myself a second pair a size smaller than the ones I have now.

I think of it as "Planning Ahead"! :wink:
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of jeans today a size too small. I didn't buy them for motivation per se. I bought them because I know, without a doubt, I will fit into the in a month or two.