New and Looking for more MFP Friends

Options
I am 32 years old and from Wisconsin. I got married last September and would like to start a family, but first I need to lose some weight. I am at my heaviest and have been on several failed diets in the past. Last year I took a break from my normal new year’s resolution to lose weight and decided to quit smoking instead. I did it, too! It’s been one year and two months since I have had a smoke. The downside is that I gained 30 more pounds. This is the year that I lose the bad fat and hopefully will be able to have a child. I have also set out to do things that are not in my normal to help myself confidence and esteem. I want to meet new people and make new friends. I decided that I would become a Miche Representative. It hasn’t been easy, because of lack of support from my family and friends, but it keeps me busy and I love purses! Since I have started my new journey this year, I have started to watch what I am eating, working out 30mins a day, and lost 6 pounds. If I keep up on this pace, I know that I will lose at least 50 pounds this year! I joined MFP to help me with tracking and to make new friends. This is my year to lose this weight! I hope I can help others as well as others helping me!

Replies

• mfjutras
    mfjutras Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole :) Sounds like you're on the right track! 50 lbs can seem like a lot but that's what I want to lose too. I lost 45 last year so it's very doable!
  • lilfurson
    Options
    If you need more friends I try to be as supportive as I can.

Last year I lost about 70 pounds over 7 months.
  • MammaSki2Boys
    Options
    Welcome. Sounds like you're on the right track. Stay focused and keep up the hard work and that 50 lbs will soon be gone. feel free to add me.
  • chuckiephudd
    chuckiephudd Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    add me if you like!!!!
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I started MFP June of 2011... I have 15 pounds left to go. A year is totally do-able!!!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Hi Nicole and congrats on the success you have already had!!! One big thing at a time and sounds like you are doing just that :) So happy for you! Feel free to add me if you like...and good luck to you! I am married, 3 kids (older), and been on task since end of March 2011... getting there :)
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is a great site! Add me if you like!
  • mhenkel0506
    Options
    I am 35 years old and from Wisconsin. Trying to lose about 20 pounds. I just joined MFP about a month ago, and I love it. Add me as a friend and I'll be as supportive as I can! Way to go on the 30 min a day!!
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request! 50 pounds is definitely do-able as long as you are not looking for a quick fix. Slow and steady wins the race and you will get there and learn how to be truly healthy along the way. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kellyannewigham
    kellyannewigham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Well i would be glad to be your MFP friend ! and i too am at my heaviest that i have ever been. I got married on December 27th 2011 and although we managed to get pregnant a few times i have always gone on to lose the baies, some at very late stages. 19 weeks 26 weeks and 8 weeks. So i probably can put some of the lard down to feeling sorry for myself!
    However we are back at the hospital in July and if i manage to lose 30lb we may get the funding for ivf.
    So 5 weeks later and im 18lb lighter already ! and now im starting to think i need to lose more like 70lb :-)
    I am loving it so much and we have recruited a few in our local area so we keep eachother motivated.
    I am more determined than i have ever been that by next year i will be fit healthy and a fabulous mummy x
    I am just counting calories and exercising at the minute im sure it ll start getting harder over the next few months so any extra support and encouragement would be great ill chher you on if you do me !!:bigsmile:
  • sglatte
    sglatte Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Welcome to MFP. You can totally add me. I am on the right track and enjoy being a motivator. take it easy and good luck!!!
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole!

Welcome and congrats on all your positive life changes and "recent" hitching! ;)
  • c8miller
    c8miller Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nicole! Awesome! Way to go! I'm going to my first Miche purse party this Saturday and I'm SO excited! I, too, have been trying new things to boost my confidence. Good for you and best of luck in all your endeavors! Go ahead and add me, too!
  • dragynyss
    Options
    I have been losing steadily but it's been a start-and-stop battle over the last 2 years. The program I'm using now really works for me and I see myself sticking with it. I know what it's like when you haven't found that perfect program that works for you. Feel free to friend me for support!

BTW - great job quitting smoking! I did that many, many years ago and know that it's very difficult. If you can do that, you can lose weight too! You just have to find that perfect mindset and convince yourself it's doable.
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I am semi-new. It is a great supportive community here. I have found many helpful tips. Add me. My goal is 60 lbs for my first goal. I have made it to almost 20 already. GoodLuck and congratulations on quiting smoking that is no small task.
  • btwinkling
    Options
    Hi! feel free to add me!!
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole..,. Congrats on your marriage and I'm hoping things work out for ya. Lots of encouraging people on here! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends to lose weight with, compare foods, etc.