tired of starting over?????????

Options
If you are tired of having to start over, THEN STOP QUITING!!

it is really that simple. when you are in the middle of a workout and it hurts, just repeat this over and over in your head. you can do this!!! when you are tired or stressed, and you head to the pantry looking for junk to make you feel better, remind yourself how how it is to start over. don't quit!!

Replies

• ANMUR43
    Options
    Some people need the help of a support group to do this. For me it is OA, Overeaters Anonymous.
    I rely on the group and my Higher Power, to give me the strength to go where I haven't been able to go alone.
    Many years of trying with other methods have proven to me, that OA is the only way for me.
    Others may find help with OA, as I have.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amen Sister! YOU are really the only person you can count on!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I'm usually talking to myself on the treadmill and it's usually not good. I'll say "Hell No you are NOT tired" "Kepp moving yo fat *kitten*" " DON'T you quit"!! I get some strange looks but hey it keeps me pushing!! LOL
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    So true!!!!!
    I keep telling myself: No pain, no gain!
    I have been busting my butt for like 8 months now & have started seeing great results after stalling out for a bit.....and guess what....people are noticing! I had 17 compliments at bowling last night (and I see these people every week!) Guess I'm finally showing what I have been feeling! hehe!
    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Abigail
  • cryt11
    cryt11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am so tired of starting over!! It has to stop somewhere!
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I really needed that!!!!
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Motivation for today: We are all accountable for ourselves. Think of yourself as a precious commodity, and then protect your investment each day. - Monica Brant
  • pinkwizz
    pinkwizz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love This!

I like to imagine myself getting into my old jeans while Im on the treadmill!

My Haters are my Motivators.

:happy:
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm usually talking to myself on the treadmill and it's usually not good. I'll say "Hell No you are NOT tired" "Kepp moving yo fat *kitten*" " DON'T you quit"!! I get some strange looks but hey it keeps me pushing!! LOL

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that does this!!! :laugh:
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options

I do this when running outside, except I disguise it by saying to my dog (I try to be more on the encouraging side lol).
  • runnermel
    Options
    Love all the responses! it has taken me a year and a half to figure this out! lol but, I am finally realizing how much of it is all in your mind set!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself two things:

1. It isn't going to do it by it's self!

2. If it was easy everyone would have an outstanding body!

These are what keep me going toward my goal.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I love this :)

I keep thinking about laying on the beach in a few weeks in Mexico. I won't be to my goal by then, but it's a great motivator and when I get to Mexico I can think about how I need to keep working when I get back so I can look hot all Summer long. We can do this!