c25k rest days?

Options
i just started the program today and was wondering if rest days mean absolutely no workout or if i should just do a mild workout? what are your thoughts?

Replies

• kgarman
    kgarman Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Have you previously been running or lifting weights? If you're a true beginner, I'd take the rest days. Certainly don't run more than what the program recommends. Running is very high impact and you can injur yourself. If you want to ride a bike or something, that is OK. You just need to pay attention to how you feel.
  • hannahwrnr
    hannahwrnr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i am pretty new to running but not to working out. i really like biking and the elliptical so i was curious if i could do those on my rest days from running.
  • kgarman
    kgarman Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you want. But it's important to let your body heal. I wouldn't go all out on the bike but if you want to ride, no biggie. The biggest thing is to do something not high impact. Swim, bike, etc.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    C25K is actually what I do on my off days from lifting. I think it all depends on your level of comfort/fitness. I know that I would probably not run on the days between C25K workouts. Weight lifting or other cardio might be fine for you though if you think you're up to it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I workout (DVDs) every day but Sunday, do C25K three days a week, and a 4 mile walk on the other days. But I was doing the workouts & the walks before I started the C25K program.
  • hannahwrnr
    hannahwrnr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Okay awesome. I think I'm gonna keep up my regular routine on the days I don't do C25K. I might take it down a notch though. It will probably consist of walking/biking. I might throw in some elliptical if I'm feeling up for it haha. I know after today my legs are a little sore, so I can imagine as the intervals go on I'll need some rest!