Recipes for a Rice Cooker

Options
jtcc91
jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
I bought my first ever rice cooker last weekend.. have yet to use it, but am really looking forward to it!

I am amazed at all the things you can cook in it *besides* just rice!

So, my question, for current rice cooker owners, what's your favorite recipe (rice or non-rice)! :bigsmile:

Replies

• nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As an idea, I was able to cook mac & cheese in ours. At the time I wasn't watching what I was eating so it wasn't the healthiest thing ever (and I didn't use very good cheese), but I bet you could totally make a healthier version with some skinny cow cheese wedges and low fat or soy milk. We have a tiny rice cooker, so we also ran out of space in it. I think the important thing with rice cookers is to remember that rice and noodles EXPAND! I forget sometimes >.<
  • LauraLovesCamp
    Options
    It steams veggies wonderfully. And potstickers. Yum....
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mine has a delay timer, so some mornings I'll have oat groats that were cooked overnight in the rice cooker.
  • musicmartha
    musicmartha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was looking for the same thing! My rice cooker makes perfect brown rice but I'm wondering what else it can do. I've got a batch of rice cooking right now and about 25 minutes before it's done I'm going to put some tilapia fillets and asparagus in the steamer basket. Should be a delicious, nutritious dinner!

And if anyone else has some great recipes, I'd love for you to share!!