Army Boy

Options
Hello everyone, I'm Matthew Marcum.

I'm currently serving overseas on deployment with the U.S. Army. I'm an E-4, newly promoted.
Before we deployed, 2010-2011, I was out of shape. Doing the one weekend a month thing didn't fit my interest and I just kept partying it up because we were leaving. Well now it's hit me, I've become overweight by standards.

In December I weighed myself, topping out at an astonishing 198lbs! That was enough for me.

It's been two months, I've lost 14 pounds. I'm currently 184 as of 2012FEB16.

I run every other day, doing at least a 5K, generally a 10K though, at a good speed in between 6.0 and 7.5, depending on how I'm feeling that evening.
I'm working on my push-ups and my sit-ups as well, running helps with the sit-up part though.

I hope to be 160 in a few months!
Wish me luck!

Replies

• Seventoad
    Seventoad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Matthew

First and foremost, thank you for serving, and stay safe!!

Sounds like you are well on your way, grats on your progress so far. Feel free to friend me if you like, the more motivation the better.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Hey Matthew - I too would like to thank you for your service to our country. Please know your service is appreciated. Congrats on the hard work getting back into things, and welcome to MFP!!

If you want to add me you may - always room for more support!!
  • foramanwhohashope
    foramanwhohashope Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank both of you! I can't wait until I'm down to 160. It's rough but I know it's worth it in the end.

Better shape = better mission capabilities. :)
  • DarthNox
    Options
    Hi Matthew!

Like the others, I'd like to say thanks for serving our country.

And congrats on taking the first steps to getting in shape! I'm definitely one of those people who knows how hard it is/going to be, but when we all support each other, it makes it a lot easier. :) Feel free to add me! Take care and be safe.