Any parents of Inattentive ADD teens? Just realized son is

Options
Lanna74
Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
I don't know where to get help or what to do. Any parents with children who can't focus? He is not hyper, just has trouble focusing and not getting distracted.

(I realize this isn't a fitness topic so it's under Chit Chat for anyone who decides to get smart on this thread)

Replies

• Lanna74
    Options
    Bump
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I was diagnose with inattentive ADD @ the age 13 I'm now 21. what will help him in school is to find something that he enjoys to do something to hold his attention also set up goals for him and help him to stay organized.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • no3of8
    no3of8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We've had this trouble for a while with our son. The past few months I've done some research on Cognitive Behavior disorders and found they can re-train the brain to help with focusing. It's been on the news and some people are pleased with the results of the treatments. It's non-invasive and doesn't require medication. (Which is a big deal for us since his reaction to meds were not good) I searched on the net to find a location then met with them to get more depth information

This is only a suggestion but we are pleased so far with the results and I totally understand the frustration!

Good Luck!
  • Lanna74
    Options
    Thank you Phoenix and No3of8! Your advice is invaluable to me.