Exercise while TTC- IUI

Options
Hi-

I have been running now for about 6 months and run about 15-20 miles per week. We are trying to get pregnant (have been for 2 years) My husband had to go through chemo so our fertility issues are male factor. We just did a medicated IUI cycle (IUI was yesterday) and I read conflicting info regarding exercise after the IUI. Keep in mind that we just spent about $750 on treatments. Would you exercise less for the next 2 weeks, keep it the same, or stop exercising altogether? I am completely undecided- took my rest day yesterday following the IUI, then today just did 70 mins on the stationary bike. I am leaning towards walking instead of running. I think I shouldn't loose too much ground after just 2 weeks... Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• love4leon
    love4leon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Things move fast here- any thoughts?
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    During my ivf last summer, I was told no exercising and no lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk during the 2 week waiting time.

I would stick with the walking.

Good luck! :smile:
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been through six invitro cycles and am in the process of cycle 7 now. I have always done hard core cardio up to the transfer date (or for you the IUI date) and then stuck with walking until the 2ww is over. I don't think cardio would hurt but I never want to take the chance.
  • love4leon
    Options
    Thanks so much- those were my thoughts too (as I just started my walk for today) I guess it has more to do with your internal body temperature? So even as I was walking I started sweating- so I slowed it down a little. I just don't want to take the risk, but I also hate to set myself back with my running goals- especially since IUI success rates are so low.
  • love4leon
    Options
    I have been through six invitro cycles and am in the process of cycle 7 now. I have always done hard core cardio up to the transfer date (or for you the IUI date) and then stuck with walking until the 2ww is over. I don't think cardio would hurt but I never want to take the chance.

Sure hope this cycle gives you your BFP!!!!