MFP stalker says Hi & whats a "bump"?

Chicc
Chicc Posts: 144 Member
HI everyone,

I've been part of MFP land for a few months now but have only just recently started to join challenges or groups. I'm finally getting into the groove. Currently on a 65 day log in streak. YIPPEE.

Anyway, I just wanted to say HI and finally introduce myself. I'm in my mid 30s. I've maintained a 30 lb loss for one year but want to reach my next goal. MFP seemed a great way to get there. I'm currently in an 11 week challange and a 30DS. Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for that extra motivation and willing to dole it out too.

On a side, what does it mean when I keep seeing "BUMP"? Is that a way to say you like something or is it a way to save a post to view latere? I'm confused by it and finding it difficult to put my finger on it :P

Thanks for the opportunity to say HI :)

Replies

• chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    You already know me, but I'm gonna answer your post anyway! LOL

Bump is to save a topic to go back to later... OR....to bump the thread to the top of the recent postings list so it doesn't get buried by the newer posts. ;)
  • Chicc
    Chicc Posts: 144 Member
    Thanks that makes a bit more sense now. I may have to go find the low cal muffins and "bump" them for later too :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Welcome to the craziness! :drinker: :wink:
  • kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    I've thought about asking this question a few times. Where does the topic save to? Also I just learned today what NSV means. I always ignored threads that had that in the title because I thought it meant "not suitable viewing," but learned today (by asking the question) that it means non-scale victory.
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    When you BUMP a topic, it goes into your MY TOPICS list. Makes it easier to find later on. :)