Bad News on the Work Front?

Options
So, what do you do when you get news at work that the advancement options that you took the job for become non-existent?? But, there are several other factors in play as well. A) Husband has been looking for a job for the last 4 months. Keep in mind here factor D. B) You've been trying for kid #2 for 6 months already. C) If finances would allow, you would be a stay-at-home mom. D) Let's not forget about the insurance necessity, especially considering factor B. E) You despise your job and knowing now the non-existent advancement possibilities makes it that much worse.

I'm sure there are other factors in play but these are the ones that keep popping into my head.

Replies

• BeautifulIllusion19
    Options
    Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Keep working and make finding a new job your new part-time job. You can't afford not to work, and it might be wise to put the baby thing on hold as well. Adding additional stress to an already stressful situation just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Keep working and make finding a new job your new part-time job. You can't afford not to work, and it might be wise to put the baby thing on hold as well. Adding additional stress to an already stressful situation just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Exactly what he said. Now a days you are lucky to have a job...maybe push back trying for another baby until things are a little more secure. i know it's not the ideal situation....but it's probably the best thing to do at this time. Good luck!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options

That's about what I was gonna say, too. Hubby's been on the job hunt, you go hunting too. Meanwhile, take a big girl pill and keep workin'. I've had jobs that made me dread the day ahead, and I had 0 desire to get out of bed in the morning (not to mention the fantasies of burning the building to the ground!). But you stick it out until you find something else. Fingers crossed for you. Talk things over with hubby, and do what the 2 of you think is best for your family.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Don't quit. Look while you are still employed !!!!!!!!!!!! I've been unemployed since Sept. 2010. un employment almost gone and am starting to freak out about losing my house. So no matter how much you HATE it don't leave it. :smile:
  • shellham1
    shellham1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :sad: i would keep this job until you find a new one, they are hard to come by. i lost my job 5 weeks ago and it really sucks not having a job(any job)
  • misshmjuk
    Options
    Get a recruiter. Business Careers are very good. I'll forward your hubby’s resume to my girlfriend who is a star recruiter (company openings versus talent) but he could be in their pool as openings come up. We really need to get your hubby where he wants to be, so you can get pregnant, stay at the job through the pregnancy and birth. He could then be comfortable/stable enough in his new position for you to be a full time Mum.