It's finally time.

Options
Hello everyone,

I have tried so many diets, pills, and every snake oil remedy I can think of to try and lose weight and nothing seems to be helping. I recently went to the doctor and suprisingly she says i'm pretty healthy for someone my size..."Ouch!" That really hurt. I am a police officer and the added weight of my equipment to go along with the weight I am carrying already is not good. I weigh 328lbs in my god given natural, but with my uniform and all my gear I am knocking on 355. I am very active and practice martial arts, but the eating habits have finally caught up with the old boy. I'm 40 and I want to be around to watch my sons's start families of their own. The weight is hard on my knees and in the event I get into a prolonged foot pursuit I will be in big trouble if I catch the suspect. I will be out of breath and pretty much up a creek. Most of all I want to be around for my beautiful wife. My family has a history of hypertension, diabetes, and the number one killer of my family....Cancer. I know I can always get it, but I sure as heck don't have to make it an easier than what's already in my gene's. I look forward to making this journey and hope that I can lean on some of you here for support. Thanks.

RDW

Replies

• ger53
    ger53 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi RDW,
    I am a 58 year young female from Kitchener, Ontario Canada. I weigh 248 pounds, the highest I have ever been. I too fear the doctor and what he will tell me if I don't get the weight off. I did it before and kept it off for 15 years then health problems and too many meds and the weight came back on with more added. So now I am a lot older and trying to lose it for the second time!
    Keep posting, watch your calories, get some exercise (easier said than done somedays!!) and hopefully we will both be lighter by the end of the year!!!
    Good losing,
    Gerry (Geraldine)
  • rwes10
    Options
    Thanks. I will just keep plugging along and get things done. Both of us will. It's a bit easier exercising now that I moved to Texas. I used to live outside of Detroit so I know what the winters up north are like. Brutal. I will make it happen before it gets to far out of control. Hope to hear from you.

RDW
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • physistwife
    Options
    Welcome to the site, it looks like you've took the first step to a healthier lifestyle! Just take it day by day and don't get easily discouraged!!!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I am about the same age and about 25 lbs heavier. If you want support, feel free to add me. I could use some support too.