sometimes i feel like an optical illusion (pictures)

daniface
daniface Posts: 338 Member
i want everyone to take a look at the pictures below, and guess how much i weigh.

Photoon2010-08-23at1908.jpg
Photoon2011-10-14at1453.jpg

how much do you think i weigh?

my actual weight is 209 pounds, i am 5"8. everything about weighing over 200 pounds sounds wrong to me, as i am a girl and am supposed to be "small." But my body just cannot shake the 200's, i thought i would share with you my body and what i view to be my struggle with the numbers on the scale reflecting progress. i feel stuck and confused. thoughts appreciated.

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Stop basing your success on that scale! It is not the ideal way to assess your improvement. When you are gaining muscle your scale is going to reflect that gain. If you really want to record the changes take before photos and progress photos, buy a cord tape measure and take measurements, buy fat calipers and measure your body fat percentage.

Also, all changes are gradual and that can make it hard to notice, especially in yourself. I had no idea my body was changing in this way until I compared my photos. I thought that 9lbs was nothing and I was going nowhere, doping something horribly wrong and failing.

THIS IS ONLY A 9 LB LOSS!! Look at the difference!! It looks more like 20 lbs of fat.

Before: 166 lbs
    Now/During: 157 lbs

Don't give up on yourself, give up on your scale!

166lbsJuly132011Side2Large-2.jpg
  • I feel you pain! I am 5ft 8 as well! and I weight around 190 right now and have weight around that since I was about 15 (now 19).. Since I started this calorie counting I have lost 3lbs and I am already noticing the changes! So just remember don't think about the number just be the size you wanna be!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!