Any Irish looking for some moral support???

Options
Hi, i've been on this about two weeks now.. its been a major help. just wondering how does the friend thing work?.. Are there groups of people who know each other or is it just random people befriending others and offering words of encouragement, like a fitness facebook! Either way i am friendless and would love to swap recipes and advice with anybody, especially anyone in Ireland. Feel free to add me.... Olivia xXx

Replies

• odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm in the states, but my parents are from Ireland and I go every year! I'll send you a request. :)
  • oliviacharlie
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!! MY FIRST FRIEND! :D..... so you know most irish food comes with potatoes boiled, mashed or fried in real butter! its a nightmare.... :( Did you like the food when you were over here...
  • haquo
    haquo Posts: 3
    Options
    Not really Irish but living in Tipp for the last 8 years , so i thought I join in :smile:
  • pinkprincess205
    Options
    Im in the uk, but u can add me as a friend if u want. X
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm living in Sydney Australia but my parents are Irish! Does that count??

And my hubby and I are travelling to the emerald isle next month??

If it counts...send me a request I'm happy to support you!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!! MY FIRST FRIEND! :D..... so you know most irish food comes with potatoes boiled, mashed or fried in real butter! its a nightmare.... :( Did you like the food when you were over here...

Well, I'm kind of a terrible Irish person, I don't really like potatoes at all. My parents made them every night, but I never ate them!

There are a few Irish foods I LOVE - Kerrygold butter, Barry's tea, and the bangers. You can get all those here in the states in specialty stores.

I usually eat a lot of brown bread, sausages, and tea when I'm there. I somehow tend to get away with it, but I'm sure I'll be more careful than usual this summer!

Overall though, I like the food here much better, no offense!!!
  • bjcl
    bjcl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to give moral support. I am not sure if you only want Irish people. I am part Irish along with German, English. haha If you want to list me as a friend I would be glad to correspond.
    I am trying to figure out how to attach my what they call ticker??? If something weird appears it is because I have no idea what I am doing.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]6279801.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Bettyjane