feeling a little betrayed by friends right now :-(

Options
2»

Replies

• ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I may be a little cold but it's something that I have learned through the years...you decide who deserves to be in your life or not, so do they. You can feel hurt but that means that you still let her have an effect on you indirectly.

I happened to have 'friends' who got jealous because I was spending time with guys they knew and liked (nothing was going on, but they liked to think so) and started babbling about me behind my back, or right in front of me. I just removed them from my life, the friends we have in common just didn't talk about me to them and refused to hear them talk about me as well. It didn't bother me that they spent time with them because they have the right to be friends with whoever they wish. If they didn't do them wrong, why should they get rid of the girls?

Let them evaluate their need for that friendship and what it means to them. Your story, at most, will just make them careful about what she says when it comes to other girls. In the meantime, just enjoy yourself on your own and don't put the emphasis on 'they are with her right now and are letting me down!' They aren't letting you down.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
    MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger.

This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse!

Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.
  • Ladyvet2006
    Ladyvet2006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Let her vent. We should be supportive. It's enough trying to lose weight and be healthy. Add some drama to that and it would make it hard to hold things together. Stick in there girl!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, what? I am confused.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would feel betrayed if it were my husband going to hand out with someone who would speak badly about me. He's supposed to be my partner and bestfriend. We're in it together and should stick up for each other. Friends, however, are entitled to their own opinions and I can't think of a single friend of mine that doesn't have their own friends in other circles that I have absolutely nothing to do with.

It might be a different story if you had plans with your friends and they were ditching you to hang with her, but if that's not the case blame it on emotions and those crazy hormones that make us doubt our own sanity month-to-month. Don't worry about the ones picking on grammar and composition. I was an honor student waaaaaay back in high school and am guilty of my own grammatical errors - especially when it comes to emotions doing the typing and not my head.

Hang in there and maybe plan your own night of enjoyment to pamper yourself while they're doing their thing. Ultimately you are the only one who controls your happiness, not the actions of others.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    In life some people are going to like you, some people won't, and most will be indifferent. Concentrate on those who like you and stop worrying about the ones who don't. Life is not a novel, movie, tv show, song, or whatever other fantasy world that can be contrived by people.

Good luck.
  • pensmama
    Options
    Let her vent. We should be supportive. It's enough trying to lose weight and be healthy. Add some drama to that and it would make it hard to hold things together. Stick in there girl!

I agree.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's probably just a fleeting insecurity. I wouldn't voice the concern with your friends because you seem to be saying the friends are aware of the nasty situation already. So what good would it do for you? They are choosing to hang out with her anyhow. There may be good reason... a feeling of obligation or something else you're not seeing. If they are good friends otherwise, I would let this go and move on. You'll probably feel better within the week and look back and wonder why you were sweatin it.