I have a SERIOUS sweet tooth

ShellBelle6
ShellBelle6 Posts: 105 Member
My sweet tooth is for all the fruity sweet stuff.
Fruit snacks
starburst
fruities
etc etc etc

Real fruit does not curb these cravings. I don't know if it's the texture that I want so much or the fruity flavor, but I LOVE IT!
Anybody know what I can try to change these cravings? When the craving strikes, I am uncontrollable. I must eat any and all fruity snacks. And if I don't have any at home, I have been known to go to the store and get some. :grumble:
Thanks

Replies

• Would a snow cone help? Sugar free flavoring. I don't know... maybe you might have to learn to be strong and learn to fight it mentally.
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 75 Member
    I love starburst and gummy bears and twizzlers...mmmm.. What helps me stay away from them is reminding myself that the fruity sticky sweets are way more likely to cause cavities than chocolate or cookies or harder sweets. The sticky yummy stuff gets caught in your teeth and will rot them. Every time I think about grabbing twizzlers or starburst at the check out aisle, I picture my teeth rotting and needing more cavities filled.
  • This last week my sweet tooth has been out of control for chocolate, I chalked it up to my "Lady Time", but that's gone and it's still here and raging! Skinny Cow truffle bars have been okay, but I usually don't crave for sweets like this.

15717616.png
  • Inchoately
    Inchoately Posts: 11 Member
    Me too! I just made baked apples with truvia, lemon juice, cinnamon, a smidge (>1 tsp) of Smart Balance Light and nutmeg. Deee-licious. It made a lot and was only 100 calories. I'm sure you can do something similar with berries.

I think maybe apple, blueberries, lemon zest, truvia, lemon juice, and throwing it in the oven may be good. I'm sure you could put some low-fat granola on top for a crunch. I am on a gluten-free/dairy free diet, so I stay away from granola.

Or, my Italian friend's parents showed me one of my favorites: Mixed berries with just a smidge of amaretto liquor on top. So good!

Good luck!