Really? REALLY?

Options
I tried to post this earlier but i suppose it didnt stick.

Today is not a good day my friends. Becuase i have come to a conclusion.

Ive noticed that now that Ive lost weight, I am getting hit on less. Far, far less. And honestly, i know that i wasnt ugly before, i mean i used to get hit on quite a bit and was given some nice compliments. My pictures on here are from like 60 pounds ago, and i really dont feel like i was unattractive. HOWEVER, now that i have lost all this weight, you would think that my prospects would heighten.

Actually, I take part of that back. I am now getting hit by 40 something year old men who are literally half my height. I know im feminine. But , dang. Im still not straight. COME ON.

Is anyone else experiencing this cruel turn of events? HELP!

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Okay, wow, that's funny! Not in a bad way. Here's my take, from an observers pov.... certain men will hit on women who might be heavy because they figure there's NO COMPETITION, and those same men won't go after an attractive 'lightweight' because they figure she's swamped with attention/companionship so why bother trying? I get it all the time - lots of guys never bother with me and they have said "I figured you to be with someone so I never gave chase."

Go figure.

About the older men now coming after you? hmmm..... older men like younger women. The skinier you are, the more of a trophy you represent to them.

Again, go figure!
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    but now you have the confidence to hit on them :tongue:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i think you don't get hit on, now i am just inferring this from the confidence you seem to have about your success, is that men generally don't hit on women as frequently if they look confident

i got hit on on a regular basis when i was a teenager, by teenager, young adults, old men. but it was FORWARD, it wasn't sweet, it wasn't romantic. i attribute this honestly to the fact that i was not comfortable in my own skin, thus, i was an easy target.
    maybe you were the same? just a thought in the event that you didn't feel amazing about yourself before.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Because you are more confident on top of your beauty (not that you weren't before, but maybe the confidence wasn't there) you automatically put guys in a "she's out of my league" mode. They might be intimidated by your confidence and aura you now project and feel that if they try to talk to you they'll get shot down. The ones that are hitting on you are older because they may be more secure with themselves and find this new confidence in you so attractive. It emulates independence and strength, qualities that older men might find more attractive than younger because younger men usually want someone that pours themselves into the guys. Someone who will reassure themselves that they are cool and "the man". Older men usually are over this and are looking for quality women. You must be one of those quality women! One younger, sure of himself, less intimidated man will be hitting on you soon! Just wait for the right one! Remember quality not quantity!

Congrats on your awesome weight loss! :smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I tell my niece that if an old man hits on you it's because he is so trifling that he can't get a woman in his age category. When you're young you're enamored with a nice care smelling, good etc. But when you get older all the things above an just a given besides those things you have to have some kind a plan for you life. You have to have done something besides drink and party for he last 40 years of your life.

Getting off soap box.

The others a right about the confidence though but now you're going to attract a whole different type a man. One who is attracted by your personality no the other p.:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I tried to post this earlier but i suppose it didnt stick.

Today is not a good day my friends. Becuase i have come to a conclusion.

Ive noticed that now that Ive lost weight, I am getting hit on less. Far, far less. And honestly, i know that i wasnt ugly before, i mean i used to get hit on quite a bit and was given some nice compliments. My pictures on here are from like 60 pounds ago, and i really dont feel like i was unattractive. HOWEVER, now that i have lost all this weight, you would think that my prospects would heighten.

Actually, I take part of that back. I am now getting hit by 40 something year old men who are literally half my height. I know im feminine. But , dang. Im still not straight. COME ON.

Is anyone else experiencing this cruel turn of events? HELP!

So far all the posts are talking about guys and what guys might be looking for. If I'm reading your post right you aren't looking for guys. Maybe what guys and girls look for is the same. Maybe not. Could women (if that's what you're looking for) be intimidated by your confidence the same way a guy might. Or do you look to young to hit on now? Some guys don't seem to have a problem hitting on younger girls. For them if they get them it makes them look good. But maybe it's not like that with women.

Keep up the good work in your healthy lifestyle. I'm sure the right person will come along. But you might have to keep weeding out the short older guys.
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The earlier post is probably right, men look at you now and think, "There's no way that BABE is available." You may also be walking with more confidence. You no longer draw in the pathetic guys who are looking for something off the bargin rack! Only men of quality will check you out and they will do it with respect thinking you're really worth it because you ACT like you're really worth it.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyy...where are all the men on here to chime in on this one
    BUT seriously I think being asked out as to do with your attitude, vibe etc.....not so much what u look like

I've never ever been asked out on an official date...wether I was thinner, heavier, younger etc
    I attribute that to the fact that before you get to know me, I could come across as a little ummmmm..... cold and unwelcoming....(A.K.A. I'm really shy)

Good luck to you and great job with the weight loss
    :flowerforyou:
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The earlier post is probably right, men look at you now and think, "There's no way that BABE is available." You may also be walking with more confidence. You no longer draw in the pathetic guys who are looking for something off the bargin rack! Only men of quality will check you out and they will do it with respect thinking you're really worth it because you ACT like you're really worth it.

Did you just say that men who want to be with women who are overweight are men who are "looking for something off of the bargain rack"? because if you did I find that to be insulting not just to women, but to the men who find love based on personality and character rather than looks, men who don't want a stick figure should be appreciated, not called pathetic.
  • nightshadow
    Options

Did you just say that men who want to be with women who are overweight are men who are "looking for something off of the bargain rack"? because if you did I find that to be insulting not just to women, but to the men who find love based on personality and character rather than looks, men who don't want a stick figure should be appreciated, not called pathetic.

I think what was actually meant had to do with her increased confidence rather than her weight, as in, before she acted like she didn't like herself, so only "pathetic guys" checked her out, whereas now she has more confidence and will get treated with more respect.

But I'm pretty sure that she said in her original post (the person who had the problem) that she wasn't straight...so I wonder if it works the same for women? Some people seem to think they have "gaydar"...maybe you aren't setting that off anymore or something? Dunno...but anyways, good luck.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    A very good friend of mine, who is a guy, told me that his father gave him the best piece of advice he ever recieved when deciding who to approach in any setting, no matter what you look like. He said his dad told him to find the prettiest girl in the crowd and go straight up to her, more than likely she is the loneliest woman there because everyone thinks she is either taken or out of their reach. So if most guys/women think the cutest guy/woman in the crowd is beyond them, then maybe the reason you are not getting hit on as much is because YOU are that girl....the prettiest one in the crowd! I would say that is something darn cool!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A very good friend of mine, who is a guy, told me that his father gave him the best piece of advice he ever recieved when deciding who to approach in any setting, no matter what you look like. He said his dad told him to find the prettiest girl in the crowd and go straight up to her, more than likely she is the loneliest woman there because everyone thinks she is either taken or out of their reach. So if most guys/women think the cutest guy/woman in the crowd is beyond them, then maybe the reason you are not getting hit on as much is because YOU are that girl....the prettiest one in the crowd! I would say that is something darn cool!

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    cosign
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options

I agree with this and found this to be true. I've had men "friends" that tell me they're intimidated by attractive/pretty girls.
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    Well. *sighs deeply*
    You all give such wonderful advice! And no, I am not looking for men. *sigh* Maybe i should drink half a cup of ugly before i go out at night. hahaha! :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well. *sighs deeply*
    You all give such wonderful advice! And no, I am not looking for men. *sigh* Maybe i should drink half a cup of ugly before i go out at night. hahaha! :)

Someone close to me said........:love: that cup of ugly is not what you need:flowerforyou: