Turbo Fire Start Feb. 21

Options
Kenzieb07
Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
Hi everyone!
It's been too long since I've been on MFP, but here I am! I recently promised my husband an anniversary trip to Cancun (October) and all I want this year is to be able to be proud in my bikini. I've always tried to cover up my body while at the pool, and this year i so badly want to be able to show it off instead of try to hide it.

I currently weigh 132.6 and am 5'3. It's mostly fat and I am not toned at all.

I can't succeed on my own, so I'm hoping someone else is out there who wants to start Turbo Fire on Monday, Feb 21. I'm also signing up for a gym membership tomorrow, and will supplement the Turbo Fire program w/ the gym for some weight training.

Let me know if anyone is interested -- I'd love to have some support, as well as to help support others!!!!

Replies

• gloria84
    gloria84 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as your friend! This is my second week doing TF!!:wink:
  • klbeal
    klbeal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I need to start too so i will be more than happy to start with you on the 21st!!! I needed a buddy! Are you doing the prep plan first or starting right in on the regular schedule?
  • woodmetal
    Options
    What is turbo Fire?? If you can message me I will look into doing it! Current;ly doing the 30 Day shred and love it!! Have lost inches but only two pounds.....

Kim
  • gloria84
    gloria84 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started on the regular schedule.. I tried doing the inferno plan, but Im terrible at following diets I only lost 1 pound and a total of 3 inches not bad considering that I substituted a lot of the ingredients!
  • hobradovich
    Options
    Turbo Fire is absolutely a life saver for those who hate going out to the gym .. it saves so much time cause its in your own home. I'm finishing up week 1, ive done most of it before, so starting it again and focusing more on the food aspect too. I start week 2 on monday anyone else at that same spot?
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    if you have your heart set on the gym, then by all means get your membership :-) however, if you want to save some money ( and driving) you could always get free weights at a place like target even and just do weights at home.

turbo fire has a toning dvd, sculpting dvd, and core dvd. comes with a band and that could be enough for you to tone up since you aren't really looking to lose weight as much as tighten it all up ;-)

people sell some of the beach body products on craigslist and ebay, might be able to find a cheap copy of p90x and that for weight lifting too.
  • stephanie1187
    Options
    i'm on week 2 :) Feel free to add me!
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    awesome motivation... i love,love, love, TF!!! im on week 4, but feel free to add me. looking forward to doing this with someone even if its not on same weeks!
  • Kenzieb07
    Options
    I will be starting on the regular schedule right away - I've done the workouts before, but never in order and very inconsistently. I love them - the hardest part for me is to get in my workout clothes and push play! Once it's playing, I have no problem staying motivated... I'm sure I'm not alone!
    I need to start too so i will be more than happy to start with you on the 21st!!! I needed a buddy! Are you doing the prep plan first or starting right in on the regular schedule?
  • Kenzieb07
    Options
    Thanks! I do have weights at home and sometimes use them, but I ended up getting a gym membership this morning for variety; it's so cheap (Planet Fitness), that if I go a couple times a month, I've gotten my money's worth. I also own P90X, but I can't lie - I absolutely hate those workouts. I think the videos are so boring (I did 60 days of it in 2010, which is probably why i find them boring now), so unfortunately don't stay motivated with those. however, I swear by P90X results :)

I appreciate all the responses to this thread - looks like there are others who are venturing into week 2 on Monday, and I've got 1 person to start week 1 with me! Good luck to all, regardless of where you are in your program!!!
    if you have your heart set on the gym, then by all means get your membership :-) however, if you want to save some money ( and driving) you could always get free weights at a place like target even and just do weights at home.

turbo fire has a toning dvd, sculpting dvd, and core dvd. comes with a band and that could be enough for you to tone up since you aren't really looking to lose weight as much as tighten it all up ;-)

people sell some of the beach body products on craigslist and ebay, might be able to find a cheap copy of p90x and that for weight lifting too.
  • Kenzieb07
    Options
    Hi! Can I ask what your results have been in the first 3 weeks of TF?!
    awesome motivation... i love,love, love, TF!!! im on week 4, but feel free to add me. looking forward to doing this with someone even if its not on same weeks!
  • brittlynn3888
    brittlynn3888 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOOH! I wanna! I started Turbo Fire over the summer, got painful, swollen ankles and stopped. I've been planning on getting a large exercise mat because I do think it's fun and I would like to see myself follow through! I will start Monday as well! :)
  • Vash41288
    Options
    I don't know about turbo fire but I'm going to start P90x2 on Monday ( I all ready go to the gym 4 times a week(2hour each times) and at least an hour of cardio each day which is going to be on top of P90x2. I'll be happy to motivate you anyway I can, I like seeing when people succeed :D
  • Kenzieb07
    Options
    Woo Hoo Monday starters!!!!

What time does everyone plan to do their workout? Since I'm off work tomorrow for Presidents' Day, I hope to have my workout done in the morning. Other workouts I hope to get to around 5pm CST! I spent over an hour at the gym today getting my butt in gear and in the routine of working out. I look forward to TF tomorrow!!
    OOOOOOOH! I wanna! I started Turbo Fire over the summer, got painful, swollen ankles and stopped. I've been planning on getting a large exercise mat because I do think it's fun and I would like to see myself follow through! I will start Monday as well! :)
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this group too! I just finished Week 3, but I think that it would be great motivation to have other people going through it as well. It is the most fun workout that I've ever done!
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting on my turbo fire to get here. Supposed to arrive on Wednesday, I can't Wait!
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing! I just finished up the 5 day inferno and plan to start tomorrow, too!
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    I will be starting it tomorrow as well :)
  • xxChristineNicolexx
    Options
    Im going to start doing this tomorrow, just got it. Im 5'2 and 200 pounds and sooooo tired of how i look =(
  • CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am starting week two of Turbo Fire today. I love all the workouts so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!