Favorite Quotes....

Options
Anderia
Anderia Posts: 753 Member
I love all types of quotes! Post your favorites here....

I'll start:

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."----Arthur C. Clarke

Replies

• Southpaw3612
    Options
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"

- C.S. Lewis
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." ~Jim Rohn
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Some people spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world, but, the Marines don't have that problem."
    Ronald Reagan (1985)
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    "Congratulations. You are still alive. Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore." Jigsaw, Saw

"Those who do not appreciate life do not deserve life." Jigsaw, Saw 2

"By creating a legacy, by living a life worth remembering, you become immortal." Amanda, Saw 2

"Death is a surprise party. Unless of course you're already dead on the inside." Jigsaw, Saw 3

"You'd be surprised what tools can save a life." Amanda, Saw 3

"You see, things aren't sequential. Good doesn't lead to good, nor bad to bad. People who steal, don't get caught, live the good life. Others lie, cheat and get elected. Some people stop to help a stranded motorist and get taken out by a speeding semi. There's no accounting for it. How you play the cards your dealt - that's all that matters." Jigsaw, Saw 4

"They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But I find it somewhat... distasteful. To be given credit for work that's not mine. Especially inferior work." Jigsaw, Saw 5

"You can dispense justice and give people a chance to value their lives in the same moment. Tonight, you'll see the difference between killing and rehabilitation." Jigsaw, Saw 5

"Did you know that in the Far East, people pay their doctors when they're healthy? When they're sick, they don't have to pay. So basically, they end up paying for what they want, not what they don't want." Jigsaw, Saw 6

"You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken." Jigsaw, Saw 6

"Bravo! To be able to sustain such a traumatic experience and, uh... and yet find a positive in that grizzly act. It's a remarkable feat, indeed. Remarkable... if not a little perverse." From Saw 7 (Saw 3D) Not saying who said that, because to do so would spoil the plot of the entire series :wink:

I really don't expect anyone to quite understand, but the premise of the Saw movies, and the character of Jigsaw, have changed me for the better. You have to see beyond what's there... In his words, "See as I see"... :smile:
  • Anderia
    Options
    "A thing is only right or wrong because you say it is. A thing is not right or wrong intrinsically." --CWG
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    "What are you looking at? Wipe that face off your head, *****." - Dazed and Confused
  • Anderia
    Options
    "...hidden in your deepest feelings is your highest truth"--CWG
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    "Live Hard, Die Young, Be a Good Looking Corpse"

Not sure who, but one of my friends (and my) favorites.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I turn my negativity into my fuel for motivation.
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    “Oh, earth, you're too wonderful for anybody to realize you.”
    ― Thornton Wilder, Our Town
  • Anderia
    Options
    "The more I know, the less I understand and I all the things I thought I figure out, I have to learn again"---Henley, Mike Campbell, and J. D. Souther
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    ''If your going through hell, keep on going'' - Winston Churchill

'' we all occasionally come across a wall we have to get by, If you cant climb the wall, pick up the biggest hammer you can find and knock that mofo down'' - me lol
  • Anderia
    Options
    "I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you"---Roy Croft
  • Anderia
    Options
    "When I say, "I love you," it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman."
    Joss Whedon
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    "im selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst then you sure as hell dont deserve me at my best" -- marilyn monroe
  • sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is one thing I would break up over, and that is if she caught me with another woman. I won’t stand for that. - Steve Martin :happy:
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    "When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied." Herophilus

"I look upon life as being an adventure and saying yes to it. When I see a fork in the road I want to go down the risky route and see what happens. I've always benefited from taking a risk." Sting

"When life gives you a Jeffrey, stroke a furry wall"
    Russell Brand - Get Him To The Greek
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams”- Arthur O'Shaughnessy / Willy Wonka

“A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.” Willy Wonka

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss

Last but not least:
    "I think I'm going to be a magic fairy when I grow up..." - My daughter when she was about 4 :laugh:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    "At night the bats will beat on the trees, Knowing it all, Seeing what they sensed all day"
    This is the last line of Anne Sexton's Suicide Note.....
    I have this tattooed on my upper arm.....