Excess Skin Questions

Options
Okay so I've had 2 babies & I literally have stretch marks from (and including) my breasts down to below my knees. The last thing I want is excess skin on top of being silver.

I was 86kg when I started MFP. So far I have lost 15kg. This has been at a steady rate of 0.5-1 kg per week. Only problem is, as my belly ever so slightly gets flatter... it is just hanging down lower instead. Should I start to lose weight slower, or am I just doomed to have a " flap" or " pouch"?

I do a good mix of cardio and strength training, I focus on strength training more & do a large range of exercises. Is there anything I can do?

Replies

• joannea1988
    Options
    bump , id like to see replys because i having the very same issue xx
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey!

It does go if you keep up cardio/strength training.
    Ive had 2 kids, if want me show you mine i will?
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If you wear shapewear or a compression suit while working out, it will help to keep your skin more intact. If it is not too uncomfortable, you could wear shapewear/girdle most of the day. I'm a little old school and women who had babies always wore girdles after a pregnancy to get help get back in shape and to keep their stomachs tight. It works. It also help you to eat less because you can't eat as much.

If you think about the really old days, women wore corsettes and their bodies would eventually conform to the shape of the garment. To this day I still wear shapewear and my waistline is well-defined. I have never had a big stomach even when I had gained a lot of weight. I believe it is why most people are surprised when I tell them how much I really weigh.. My doctor even says it is hard to believe when I step on the scale because some of his patients weigh less than me but look like they weigh a lot more. I always win the "guess your age/weight" game when I go to amusement parks or carnivals.

I hope this helps. You are young and sometimes young people don't like to wear these things. But once you lose the weight, you won't have to wear them anymore. I hope this helps.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for that advice! I've been wanting to buy some, but it'd have to be online as I've never seen them in any stores and I'd be lost as to what size to get!
  • qwe3nz
    qwe3nz Posts: 29
    Options
    its loose skin its probly gna sag even more when you loose the weight
  • christschild2
    Options
    You're welcome. I found some of the less expensive garments at www.tinyurl.com/latexcompression and www.tinyurl.com/hardcorecompression. But if you google compression suits or shapewear you will find quite a few sites. I even found a compression just for my arms. They are a lot expensive.
  • christschild2
    Options
    One positive thing you have going for you is youth. That's always a plus.