Introducing myself - UK MFP User

Hi everyone,

This is my first My Fitness Pal experience.

I started losing weight on a VLCD last year but felt that wasn't right for me.

Then I went to weight watchers where I did lose but I wasn't exercising and went on to lose a total of 50.5lbs by the beginning of December.

This is when it all went wrong.

I had to start travelling for work and I had to quit my weekly weigh in's at Weight Watchers - I was finding it increasingly more difficult to stay on track and what with Christmas and my Birthday within the last two months went off the rails and put on 20lbs!

Well, I have made the decision not to do this again...I am ultimately gutted I have put on the weight again so I am starting a new running training programme and I am DETERMINED to get the weight back off again using MFP.

I look forward to receiving some sort of support especially from other UK users.

Regards

Leah

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Hi, hope you like MFP as much as I do! Feel free to add me, I'm in the uk, Northamptonshire :smile:
  • Hey gals jus added you both, need all the support we get hey x
  • pinkwizz
    pinkwizz Posts: 29 Member
    Hi There,

I find MFP so easy to use because of the iphone app! It really makes you think before you pop anything naughty in your mouth because you can instantly see how fattening it is!

Feel free to add me, Im in Yorkshire!

x x x
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Hey, I'm in Scotland, feel free to add me. :)
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Glad you've seen sense and joined MFP instead of WW!

Another runner here, feel free to add me :)
  • Hi, welcome to mfp - suits my lifestyle expecially the phone app!. I'm from the East Counties UK, feel free to add me.:smile:
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Hi and welcome to MYP. Feel free to add me I live in Berkshire. I have just begun running and plan to do the race for life in Reading in July.
  • I did WW last year and did lose weight but lapsed due to work pressures (much the same as you). I discovered MFP though the iphone app and it;s been a real eye opener. I'm losing weight and being part of a community without staving myself and the iphone app makes tracking a breeze.

As a fellow UK MFP user I have added you as a friend - lets keep each other on track.
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    I'm Canadian, but we all need the support to lose weight! feel free to add me
  • i love mfp i used to do sw i live im sunny teeside, feel free to add me x
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Hi welcome to MFP, feel free to add me :)
  • hi hun,

Welcome and good luck. you'll recieve so much support from other memebers on MFP

x
  • I thought I would also add I am using a Couch 2 5K app...I will update everyone on progress via here too...
  • busterbaby
    busterbaby Posts: 5 Member
    I too have lostt a little weight, and then gained it all back and then some. But this time I am more determined than ever. Had back sugery 7 months ago, and now its time for me to drop about 70 lbs to help with back pain. I'm way to over weight to not hurt...
    Good luck to you... Hope your dream becomes a success...
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    I thought I would also add I am using a Couch 2 5K app...I will update everyone on progress via here too...

I love C25K!
  • It's hard but I am DETERMINED lol x
  • i am new too feel free to add my:)Good luck
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Hi everyone,

This is my first My Fitness Pal experience.

I started losing weight on a VLCD last year but felt that wasn't right for me.

Then I went to weight watchers where I did lose but I wasn't exercising and went on to lose a total of 50.5lbs by the beginning of December.

This is when it all went wrong.

I had to start travelling for work and I had to quit my weekly weigh in's at Weight Watchers - I was finding it increasingly more difficult to stay on track and what with Christmas and my Birthday within the last two months went off the rails and put on 20lbs!

Well, I have made the decision not to do this again...I am ultimately gutted I have put on the weight again so I am starting a new running training programme and I am DETERMINED to get the weight back off again using MFP.

I look forward to receiving some sort of support especially from other UK users.

Regards

Leah

Hi, I'm from Ireland, but we'll be posting at similar times of day, and will have heard of the same products/tv shows/fitness dvds etc!.

I love weight watchers and although I've never paid to join it (I'm so tight!!) I find I still think in (old) points. I am finding it hard to go back to thinking in calories. like for me a red pepper and an onion will always be free (in my head) and I feel I should only have to count the bit of oil I use to sauté them.

Logging my food every day is helping me not to eat crisps and stuff though. If i'm out and about it will actually stop me eating the wrong thing, partly because I know that although crisps may only have a few more calories than a banana they have about 5 times as many POINTS and also because I know I have to come back and LOG it.

Good luck.

margot
  • Hey. I am from the UK (Chichester, West Sussex) and I am always here to help.

Feel free to add :flowerforyou:
  • Hey Margot,

I agree...it's actually hard not thinking fruit and veg is free (which it is on the new one) but my friend lost 4 stone of MFP so I thought I would give it a go. xx