How do i record a Zumba workout??

Options
Quick question, i dont have a HRM and im going to my first ever Zumba class tonight. How will i know how many calories i have burned off? There is no "Zumba" on the excercise list, and im not sure which "dancing" option to pick? Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

is what I use. Again, it's all about how much effort you put in -- I'm usually dying and a sweaty mess when I get done, and I use Medium for safety sake!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com alot of people on MFP use that to get an idea of what they burn. I use a HRM to track my burnt calories and when I compared it to the zumbacalories website it was pretty accurate. 200 calories difference with my HRM registering a higher number.
  • Taryn1627
    Options
    I was just about to post the exact same question!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    HRM is what I use................never went to Zumbacalorie.com, but now I will check it out............thanks
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in the comparison between those with HRM and what's on the site ... I ballpark it and rarely eat all the calories back, but it's still good to know! My teacher says we can burn as much as 1000 calories per class...
  • karenyg
    Options
    I have been using Zumbacalories.com.
  • robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I put it down as aerobics: high impact here as its much more intense than the dancing options. It puts out lower than what I scored on the zumbacalories.com website, but I'll keep the lower amount so I don't eat back all those calories!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've used zumbacalories for my past zumba logging, but just got a HRM monitor on tuesday...tonight will be my first class since so I'll let you guys know about he comparison....I'm pretty leery of what zumbacalories has been giving me....Over 1k calories at a medium intensity...so I'm looking forward to having a more accurate count!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I heard someone once log as calestinics (sp) ...but I agree an HRM is priceless for this sort of thing.
  • broox159
    broox159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ah, thanks for the tip guys! For those of you who have a HRM, how does it compare to the cals that Zumbacalorie.com gives?

Ive just put in my weigh and that i plan to do it for 60 mins at a mid intensity and its telling me i will have burned 722cals! There is no way i can eat those back...not with being healthy anyway! :laugh:
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    LOL I know what you mean, it always has told me I burn like 1100 calories at a medium intensity for 55 mins...which, I know I weigh a lot, but that always seemed crazy high....I'm testing my HRM tonight for the first time at Zumba, I'll report back!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I second zumba calories.com. I have a hrm and I've compared it to the website and it's pretty accurate. Sometimes I won't even take my hrm to class and just use the website, it's that close
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    If you dont havea heartrate monitor, use zumbacalories.com...however be aware that it might overestimate depending on what level you put in, etc. It usually gives me 1000ish cals for a 55 min class at mid intensity, but my HRM gave me 600 tonight. (however, it was a slower than normal class, and I do weight a bit less than when I originally calculated it on the site)...if you dont have a HRM id use the site, but I really reccomend HRMs
  • broox159
    broox159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for checking it out! :)

I think i shall be investing in a HRM when i get paid, but for now i shall use the Zumbacalories.com.

I didnt eat all my cals back last night anyway, not that i could, but just to be on the safe side too!