Doc was happy with my progress

Options
injuneer81
injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
I started my diet after i went to doctor mid-May and found out i weighed 373 lbs. (maximum density as far as I am concerned). i went online and found out how many calories a day it took to maintain a 225 pound frame and decided not to exceed that amount of calories. when I went to doctor today after 6 weeks I was 346. So I have lost 27 lbs. Needless to say my Doc was very pleased. She had actually been suggesting lap band. I have been cut on enough in my life and declined.

I actually have been eating a lot. I am just more aware of what I put in my month. I have utilized some of the crock pot recipes on this site. (pulled bbq chicken and a crock pot chili) for lunch meals at work) I have had more energy each day and exercising more and the weight has started shedding.

I originally was tracking calories consumed using my own excel spreadsheet until somebody turned me onto this site. This site is awesome. My only criticism is that the reports kind of suck. i wish you could export to your own file or they had different styles of reports other than the bar graphs.

Oh! By the way my only rule is that I try not to exceed a certain amount of calories per day. That is my only rule. I don't limit what type of food I can eat. However, trying to not exceed a set mount of calories encourages you to make better meal choices. it seems to be working.

I wish everybody success. I cross my fingers and hope I keep the drive to keep this going.

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck on becoming a healthier you!!!

:drinker: :drinker:
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good for you and your progress so far! Congrats. :drinker:
  • andyz_grrrl
    Options
    Way to go!!! I am totally encouraged now. I started at 265 and I'm down to 242 in fourish weeks. I fell off the bandwagon yesterday and today, but your post really encouraged me to jump back on. Best of wishes on your journey to health.
  • ClaudiaRN
    ClaudiaRN Posts: 20
    Options
    keep up the good work. I have been doing the same about counting calories. I eat what ever I want just stay under my total cal intake alotted. I found I too started making better choices and have lost the pounds. 34 since Jan. My goal is one pound per week so I am right on tract. You sound like your on the right tract too. Keep it up.:happy:
  • khool4
    khool4 Posts: 7
    Options
    So what is your current caloric intake? I am about the same size guy as you are and have not had that good of results. I was eating 1,500 calories a day and the scale wouldn't budge. I increased my caloric intake to 1,800-2,000 per day and I have lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks now.

Congratulations on such good results.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is so awesome :flowerforyou:
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I try and stay under about 2300 cals a day. i try and walk or ride my bike for about 40 minutes everyday. sometimes both. I usually take a day off from exercise at least once a week. I go over my cal limit about once a week. usually on the weekend. but I try and make up for it with exercise.
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic.