Any tips to reinvigorate myself ?

Options
Hi,

I made a great start to 2012, getting back into running and using MFP to monitor and motivate my dieting and as a result within 4 weeks managed to lose 6kg. However I've just lost all my motivation and comfort eating is close to setting in, on top of which a catch-up with friends last night started with good intentions but ended up with 4 pints of lager.

I'd reached a plateau of sorts in my weight loss following the rapid progress in January, I really dont want to undo the work so far but it's tough.

How do those of you who have been so successful keep yourselves motivated through the lows ?

Craig

Replies

• melissa2807
    melissa2807 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I haven't been hugely successful yet, but I've lost more so far in 2012 that I have in a long time and I've also stuck to the diet and lots of exercise (partly why I think/hope I'm not losing).

I came to the realisation fairly recently that your diet does not end if you have an off day. Previously, if I caved in and had a takeaway/beer blowout/planned meal out/social event etc, I would think "sod it I've blown it now" and then carry on eating rubbish for the rest of the week.

We had a night round a friends last month boxing on the telly, dominoes pizza, you name it! I had a WHOLE LARGE pepperoni passion TO MYSELF as well as copius amounts of strongbow. But then I was filling it in on here the next day, and I thought to myself - yeah thats probably about 2500 calories more than I should have had - but in weight gain terms, theoretically, that isn't even a pound. So if I carry on the rest of the week in my new, healthy eating/exercise thing, I might not lose but I shouldn't gain. And I didn't. Yeah I was a bit heavier for a couple of days after, but when my weekly weigh in came round I was the same. That changed my whole outlook!

It's so easy to beat yourself up when you slip, but remember that the odd slip can be compensated for. If it becomes more regular, thats harder to deal with.

But thats how I get through those low points. Good luck xx