Weight Training Without Weights....

Options
Hi There,

I'm not a member of a Gym, nor do I own a set of Dumbells. And was wondering whether or not anyone knew of any muscle building exercises to do at home using bodyweight?
I know you can do press-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, but would like to open this out to you fitness guru's!!

Thanks,

Replies

• btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Do Insanity videos - mostly own bodyweight.

Or get the power bands - big elastic bands - instead of weights at home. I use these for P90X routines. Didn't even have to buy them, had a set of high strength bands in the car for securing stuff! But you can buy professional ones for only €20-30
  • cowleyibiza
    Options
    Nice one bud, I'll llok into the Insanity Vids, and I have been thinking about them bands for ages now so Ill go and buy some the weekend.

Cheers,
  • jotapaula
    jotapaula Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks dvds, they are great for that.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    If you have a pullup bar, burpees with a pullup is the closest thing to a full body exercise in a single calisthenic I can think of off the top of my head. NerdFitness has a lot of bodyweight exercises, and honestly you can just youtube 'bodyweight workouts' to get some ideas as well.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.bodyrock.tv/category/daily-workouts/all-workouts/ !

Pretty intense but best of all... it's FREE :D
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i do jillian michaels yoga meltdown! you'd be suprised at what yoga can do! body weight training:0)
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
  • cowleyibiza
    Options
    Hey thanks people!! thats some great info! Ill have a look into the DVD's and fire Youtube up when i get home and check the Vids youhave all mentioned!!

Its a bit of a challenge for me to be honest. My friend is skinny and a bit of a know-it-all, he said I would never look toned or get into shape without attending a gym!!!

How wrong he is gonna be!!

thanks again,

You guys Rule!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    A bi-fold ladder is great ;) you know the ones that have 3 bends in them? 2 each end & one in the middle. Put the 2 ends down... stand it up like a scaffold & you can do pull ups that work you great.

I also do weight training without weights by just tensing the muscle I want to use & then work it like I have a weight in it. It works if you do concentrate on it. Kinda like resistance training without anything but your own mind.