anyone know how to get bloodstains out?

Options
DBranchaud
DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
I have a bit of a problem......my niece slept with me because of the family shuffle. When we have guests over we shuffle sleeping arrangements around, that's how she got there. She started her TOM in the middle of the night and I have a bloodsatin on my mattress now:frown: It's not that bad.. about ther size of my thumb but anyone know the best ways to get it out???

Right now I'm trying pet stain strength carpet cleaner.

Replies

• oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    salt and warm water, do this before you put it into the washing machine

it helps if you can do this as soon as you notice the stain, so it is not completed dried into the fabric

:flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options

it helps if you can do this as soon as you notice the stain, so it is not completed dried into the fabric

Thanks...but i don't think i can fit a mattress in the washer and dryer......it'll work really good on the sheets
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Its pretty hard to get blood out of something you can't wash. Try Resolve, or some Shout spray. If that doesn't work, than just give that mattress a flip. lol
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been told by a nurse that the easiest way to get blood out of fabric is to use hydrogen peroxide. Since it's in a matress you might put some on and use some sort of wet vac on it???
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Thanks...but i don't think i can fit a mattress in the washer and dryer......it'll work really good on the sheets

oops, sorry, thought it was a sheet, maybe put salt on it, then sponge it with a damp cloth, see if that works, then wait for it to dry?
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    And after washing it let it dry in the sun, something in the sun helps take the stain out!:flowerforyou:
  • ConstantRollercoaster
    Options
    Good old fashioned vinegar will do the trick :wink:
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I 'm with clarkoman-Hydrogen peroxide does work.Worked well for me when hubby got tooth pulled and took the gauze out too soon.My friend who was an emt told me this.
  • coolviolet73
    Options
    Try the stain remover from a Dryel kit. Not sure if they have Dryel where you are, but it's a dry cleaning kit that you use at home; the stain remover included in the kit takes the stains out of nearly any kind of fabric (believe me, I use it on everything) and, since it's for dry cleaning, there's no need to wash the item afterwards.

Another option is upholstery cleaner. I like Woolite :-).

And no, I'm not being pain for my endorsements :-).
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    H202 will work.

Hydrogen Peroxide.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options

I got a good laugh thinking about someone trying to figure out how to cram a mattress into a washer.... thanks! I needed it! :laugh:
  • Trainhard911
    Trainhard911 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hydrogen peroxide works awesome! on dry or wet, let bubble and blot with dry cloth
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    When I saw the topic title.... I thought her husband had really annoyed her :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    windex is good it can take pen marks out of shirts, tootepaste takes crayons off furiture and walls- I haven't tried it on a matress - good luck!
  • peacefuljewel
    peacefuljewel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hydrogen Proxide really works. I've had 2 or 3 nurses tell me that's the best way to get blood out.
  • klarson
    klarson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used to draw blood for a blood center. We always used hydrogen peroxide to get blood out of our lab coats! It should work if the stain is fairly fresh!
  • bettame32
    bettame32 Posts: 17
    Options
    peroxide will get it out fast.
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I work in the medical field and hydrogen peroxide works well, but it may not take it all out. A paste of baking soda and water that is rubbed in and allowed to dry then vacuumed out may work. You can also try Spot Shot which works well on stains.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    peroxide is my fav
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    When I saw the topic title.... I thought her husband had really annoyed her :laugh: :laugh:

That's funny!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: