New To MFP looking for Friends

Options
Hello Everyone im new to MFP my wife is on here and im struggling as i love my sweet stuff ( Cakes chocloates etc)

Struggling to keep on this so thought would say hi

Thanks

Geraint

Replies

• Startraveller
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to this as well. Been struggling with my weight for years - managed to lose 60 pounds over three years ago but gained 40 back - stress and love of any food, but mostly snacks, was the cause. I'm looking for support as I know we can all do it. Good luck to you.
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome to the site!! Most of us love sweet stuff - so you are not alone there. I find putting your logging your food for the day in advance helps a lot as you know what allowance you have left for treats :wink:

Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • April20166
    April20166 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to this site as well. Lets be friend and support one another. Happy Friday!
  • robbiemacd
    Options
    Geraint,
    Ive only been on here a month but I have virtually stopped eating cakes, when before i was baking at least two choccy cakes a week. if you want a sweet fix i would recommend berries and small chunks of fruit covered in low fat spray cream or reduced fat buscuits with a cuppa. If the choccy fix is really over-powering get some cake covering chocolate and melt 1 strip to dip fruit in. The best way to avoid it all though is take it off your shopping list and dont go out hungry anywhere thus when you smell the bakery you wont get the desire to in. Hope this is a little useful to you and good luck.

Robbie Macd
  • rhiasmith
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!

I love sweet stuff too, find what you really like and find a healthy alternative or save it for days where you've worked out really hard and deserve a treat. Even people on a diet deserve a treat

Feel free to add me

Rhia
  • April20166
    April20166 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree everyone deserves to have a sweet from time to time!
  • vic72
    vic72 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, I ate cheescake last night & now I'm going to have to run an extra 3 miles tonight!!
    Welcome & good luck. Friend request sent :)
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My suggestion would be for you t find several friends very similar to you who are in the early stages of their weight loss journey, same sex and somewhat same lifestyles and trying to lose about the same amount of weight. That way you could form an accountability group.

The cakes you mentioned are your trigger foods. 300 calories from chocolate cake is 300 calories that can surge through your system. However 300 calories from a piece of chicken takes longer to process and supplies you with nutrients like protein to support any exercise you might be doing. I try to skip the desserts and lean on the proteins and vegetables but if you can save a few calories to award yourself a piece of cake, do it. Just be sure it still falls within your calorie allowance for the week and the weight should come off. Spread you eating through the day with three main meals and a could of snacks.

Look at you body as a race car you are rebuilding. After spending the time and money to get the engine just right, do you want to run some bargain basement gas through it or some nitro? Example: Potatoes = bargain basement gas. Sweet Potatoes = nitro. When you are seriously counting calories as I am trying to do, you become real picky about what you put in the tank