Motivation by buying smaller clothes?

Options
When I hit my goal weight, I'm expecting to be about a size medium. I am 5'7" and wanting to reach 170lbs. Right now I'm 245lbs, a 1X or size 16/18 in most dresses. I really want to motivate myself by buying "the perfect dress" that I will only be able to fit into once I get near my goal weight. I found THE most beautiful dress, too....I mean I'm in love with it, basically. I want to get it in a size 12 , which is one size smaller than what I wore at 200lbs. And if/when I lose more afterward, I can have it tailored. I think it's a great inspiration.

(from www.pinupgirlclothing.com if you like the dress)
dghsdh.png

Do you guys buy yourself future gifts that you will only be able to utilize once you have lost more? A couple that come to mind that might be good are taking a vacation on a plane once you are small enough to only have to buy one seat (I haven't experienced this myself but MAN that sounds like such a pain in the butt to be expected to do!), or like me---buying smaller sized clothes, or maybe a bikini that you can only wear once your belly goes bye-bye? Do you think it's a good idea or a possible waste of money?

Replies

• joshswifey2011
    joshswifey2011 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think its a great idea. I have a pair of apple bottom jeans that I love to death that I havent been able to wear in like 5 years maybe,they aremy goal size I believe they are a size 7. I also just got a hollister shirt that is a medium.
  • goldieglitter
    goldieglitter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just got my new swimsuit from Pin Up Girl Clothing today! I ordered it in a Large, because I want to be able to wear it in the summer. I tried it on when it came in the mail (DUMB IDEA) and I got really discouraged that it didn't fit properly... even though I already knew going inot it that I ordered it smaller. I don't know why I even tried it on, but now I have even more motivation to whip my butt into shape so I can rock this hot little number in April, when I am going on vacation to Florida.

3D02U.jpg
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If it's going to motivate you then I say go for it!

I love that website... I just hate that it's so damn expensive! LOL
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I love pin up!!!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    For me it would be a waste of money, but if it works for you, great!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That dress is gorgeous, and so is that girl! Her body shape is just UNF!

I love buying clothes that are too small to fit. It's awesome motivation to put it on every week and feel it getting closer and closer to fitting. This doesn't work for everybody, but it works for me.