My diet psychology

Options
Don't know if anyone has thought of this, but in my head I turn my daily calorie allowance into £, so 1200 calories becomes £1200. I then "spend" my hard earned £££ on food. If I find a sandwich that is 600 calories, my brain now automatically says "£600 on food? Gotta be kidding - find something cheaper!" Only started yesterday but it is beginnning to work!

Replies

• simplyychaos
    Options
    I did that a little while ago and it worked out great. Now I convert calories that I'm about to eat in to time spent working out. So if I want a snack in the afternoon that's 200 calories I think "that's 20-25 extra minutes that I have to work out on the elliptical today if I want to eat that"

When put into that perspective, a small amount of chips or a cookie is REALLY not worth it.
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey, that's a really cool./good idea!! Think I'm going to try that!!
  • chrissiij
    chrissiij Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did that a little while ago and it worked out great. Now I convert calories that I'm about to eat in to time spent working out. So if I want a snack in the afternoon that's 200 calories I think "that's 20-25 extra minutes that I have to work out on the elliptical today if I want to eat that"

When put into that perspective, a small amount of chips or a cookie is REALLY not worth it.

That's an even more extreme way to go about it and I like it!