Doing everything right?

Options
I'm really frustrated, I've logged my food everyday for over a month.I make almost all my meals at home, rarely eat any processed foods. I've only been over my calorie counts for the day 2 or 3 times, so far I'd lost about 3 pounds. I hop on the scale today after what I think is a good week, and my scale says I've gained it all back. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong. My diary is open if anyone wants to take a look. I would really appreciate any advice.

Replies

• Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I'm really frustrated, I've logged my food everyday for over a month.I make almost all my meals at home, rarely eat any processed foods. I've only been over my calorie counts for the day 2 or 3 times, so far I'd lost about 3 pounds. I hop on the scale today after what I think is a good week, and my scale says I've gained it all back. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong. My diary is open if anyone wants to take a look. I would really appreciate any advice.

Have you been taking measurements of yourself? It could be muscle you gained. Try to remember that muscle weighs more than fat.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking any water? Your diary shows 0. Maybe that would help?
  • wendyd18
    Options
    Me too, i really dont understand either, i have eaten so healthy exercised and yet back to where i was 2 weeks ago it is so frustrating.

I dont accept the muscle theory not after a few weeks...
  • bluestocking06
    bluestocking06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I actually do drink a ton of water, I just don't log it. I drink at least 8 glasses a day.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    What is your sodium like? Not getting in your water combined with increased sodium could be adding the pounds in water weight.

Are you weighing in the same place in the buff at the same time of day? I get different readings on different areas of my upstairs, so i keep the scale in the same place and always weight in undies or nothing. I also always weigh in the morning (officially) after using the washroom.

Are you being truly honest with your servings? Do you have a kitchen scale/measuring cups and spoons for your food or are you guesstimating?

Also are you eating enough? Eating back at least 50-60% of your exercise calories?

It's possible to gain a pound of muscle in a week, but not 3. I second the advice to take your measurements. My husband has been on track for 3 week and hasn't lost a pound, but he has gained a ton of muscle definition and i finally talked him into logging and measurements.

If you truly feel none of the thing we suggest are relevant to your situation then perhaps see a doctor and have a checkup and get your thyroid checked.

Stay strong, it's just a little bump!
  • lyssaloo
    lyssaloo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Are you excercising at all? It might help jump start the weight loss.