Hydroxycut or Xenedrine

Options
I know there are alot of supplements out there (and I understand that u just can't take a diet pill and do nothing) but I am trying to burn alot of fat and would like some added help while eating right and working out. Has anyone taken either of these or done a test study on these two most popular fat burning pills. I know that both work really well but wanted to get some viewpoints.

Thanks in advance ;-)

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    neither worked for me at all. I didn't loose 1 lb! I was looking for a quick fix a that time and followed the direction completely, 1 brand didn't work after a month so i switched to the other and still nothing? not sure why?
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would say neither. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but I would like you to hear me out.

Do you want a short term solution or a long term solution?

I have done every diet and diet pill in the book, and I always gained it back. I finally realized that I could not take this route, I needed to make the lifestyle change, and that is the only way to keep it off. I know it takes longer, but it's well worth it in the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment you get. If you are taking those pills, even with diet and exercise then you will always know that part of what you accomplished was credited to those pills, and will never get to have that true feeling of accomplishment. I believe its that feeling that keeps me on the right path everyday. I don't want to lose it.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!
  • rockerchic1879
    Options
    I would say neither. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but I would like you to hear me out.

I have done every diet and diet pill in the book, and I always gained it back. I finally realized that I could not take this route, I needed to make the lifestyle change, and that is the only way to keep it off. I know it takes longer, but it's well worth it in the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment you get. If you are taking those pills, even with diet and exercise then you will always know that part of what you accomplished was credited to those pills, and will never get to have that true feeling of accomplishment. I believe its that feeling that keeps me on the right path everyday. I don't want to lose it.

It may not be what I want to hear but if it is true, than I don't want anything to slow me down
    Thanks for the info!
  • TieshTheGreat
    TieshTheGreat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with Karmynzahring. I've taken Hydroxycut before..I lost some weight...but gained it all right back as soon as I stopped taking them. Not only did I gain the weight back, I added on a few lbs!! In the past month I have cut out fried foods completely, cut out soda and juice completely, increased my water intake, tried to decrease my carb and sodium intake(still trying...this is probably the hardest part of my "plan") and exercised for at least 30mins 4 times a week. I've lost 15lbs so far.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Neither worked. Just made me jittery and hungry.
  • Firestone0904
    Options
    I agree with the others. Neither. Only hard work, dedication, and eating right will help you achieve your weight/fat loss goal. I've looked for quick fixes my whole life and learned that nothing works like sweating your a@@ off and pushing yourself to the limits.
    ~Sarah
  • dug_e_fresh
    dug_e_fresh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I take Hydroxycut in connection w/ a low carb diet and a fairly rigorous exercise program. I've had success w/ this in the past and am having good success now (I'm almost at my goal). Pills aren't for everyone and I don't rely on them as a quick fix solution. I think my diet and exercise program have more to do w/ my success than Hydroxycut. However, taking the pills makes me cognizant of what I put in my mouth every day. I don't know how much physiological benefit it has, but it's been part of my successful program.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I took pills a long time ago and will never do it again-it made me shakey etc -yes I did lose weight but once I stopped using them I gained it all back plus some. Also for females on birthcontrol pills--becareful when mixing the two, talk to your doctor first, diet pills will interfere with the birthcontrol pill making it less effective --I had a scare when I was taking both and this is what my doctor told me, I stopped using diet pills after that.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

100% agree!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Neither. You can't solve a weight problem with a pill.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bander21
    bander21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut made me sooooo sick! I almost passed out from the racing heart rate, and dizziness. I say wait for the results and let it come nature. Just work hard! i wish I never ever took that little red pill! UGH my friends were taking them in highschool during field hockey season to get "ripped" and I wanted to be in tip top shape. Ya right I'll be three seconds slower than them if it means I wont pass out!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I hated both of them. Honestly, the only diet pill that I've ever liked is Oxy Elite Pro. Increased energy without the jittery side effects, and actually helped with appetite suppression.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    stay away from those diet pills they are very dangerous, listen to DR OZ show
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Neither.

What do you do when you stop the pills? You can't take them forever, so what's the point?
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    NEITHER! both are really bad for you. superficial negative effect: my boyfriend took hydroxycut and it made him sweat like a pig and he still does eventho he stopped years ago. he can just be sitting there and start sweating. ew
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I cannot take them due to occassional tachycardia. Be careful for your health. These type of things always seem to come back later and say they are bad for you in the end. I don't trust them.
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    Losing weight and getting healthy is about [re]learning how to be healthy. Taking a pill will not accomplish that for you.
    I have alot to lose and you know what, if it takes me a year to drop some then so be it...because it took a lot longer than a year to put it on.

Good luck in whatever you decide. Might want to write out the pros and cons prior to making a decision. I will get you started :)

Cons:
    -buying the pills cost more than taking a walk
    -taking the pills make you rely on the pills [mentally and physically]

You can take it from there :)

16218659.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • randi1213csc
    randi1213csc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I took Xenedrine before and lost some weight, but as soon as I stopped, the weight came right back on. Don't waste your time or money!
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    The old hydroxycut used to work good, but the FDA banned the active ingredient about 4 years ago or so. The new hydroxycut is a waste of money unless it has a placebo effect on you. For me, the best way to lose weight is to take Superpump Max and then go to the gym and try to lift every weight in the gym until total exhaustion. Then go home and sleep. I guarantee you will lose some serious weight.