Bars and Shakes and Salads

Options
Hello Dolls,

I am sure I am going to get yelled at for this post but I have to get it out there. I have found that if I make a shake for breakfast and have either another shake, A LUNA bar or {a salad for lunch}, I eat less during the day...a plus right?! Kind of keeps me on track during the week. If only I could find a solve all for dinner {night time} eats. {my pitfall} is as soon as I get home. Then on the weekends I try to stay on the same eating regimen except on Sundays....KInd of my anything goes day.

I have found that when I eat eggs or oatmeal or even cereal for breakfast...I eat too much during the day. I feel like I CRAVE actual food...and I really don't reach the "full" or "satisfied" state, like I would have with a shake or a LUNA bar. Does anyone else find that when drinking a shake or eating bars for meals, keep them on track more so than eating healthy foods?

Replies

• tracyfeathers
    Options
    I haven't tried the LUNA bars...but, I have noticed that microwave meals help me pack lunch for work and not overeat, count calories correctly and stay on task.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    i do this also it keeps me on track during work hours. i do try and make my dinner meals before hand but doesnt always work out... ill also try and do my excersize at night time to stop me eating lol
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    whatever works for you is good i guess? i think those things depend a lot on activity levels etc. I'm on my feet 70% of the day so if I wouldnt eat a pretty large breakfast, I'd be hungry within an hour or 2. If it keeps you full and you still get all the nutrients you need, vitamins etc included, it shouldnt be a big deal..?
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yup. Works for me too. My nutritionist suggested a long time ago. Something to do with the big protein hit. Protien, not carbs, for me at least, keep me fuller longer. So I try to have protein every time I eat. Works for me.
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am not clear on the question... are you controlling things during the day with bars and shakes, and getting hit at night with cravings?
  • rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Luna bars rock!!
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    btw your profile pic looks extremely delicious! :D