Looking for DVD workout recommendations...

Options
Ok, so I'm doing 30DS and I'm just looking for something else to add to my daily routine. I'm looking for "quick" workouts such as the 20 min in 30DS but there's a catch... I'm so sadly UNCOORDINATED! :sad: I can't do Aerobics at all! I am currently on L2 of 30DS and it KILLS me. I'm 32 and approx 75lbs overweight. Thanks in advance for your recs! :wink:

Replies

• Lauracork2005
    Lauracork2005 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kick boxing/ Tae Bo? I do P90X but those are all approx 1hr long. Go to Amazon and seach for 10min workout - there's quite a few. Or buy a skipping rope. I'm as uncoordinated as you sound. Aerobics - oh dear!!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS! I also recommend P90X...but it's a big commitment. If not, Leslie Sansone has a lot of good DVDs. I'd recommend hers :)
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on another thread:

Chris Freytag has a series of 20 min. workouts call 10 Pound Slimdown. You get an upper, lower, total body, core and yoga routine in the set. They are similar to 30 DS in that you do weight work, then cardio. You do a total of three circuits.

Also look into 10 Min. Trainer and Power 90 with Tony Horton.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism has seven 6 minute circuits. I think the whole thing with warm up and stretch is 50 minutes. But the beauty of this one is you can choose which circuits you want to do. I pick 3 or 4 of my favorite circuits and do those for 20-30 minute workouts.
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Turbofire Greatest HIITS & 10 minute trainer or Insanity Fast and Furious are quick and get the job done!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I started out with 30 day shred and loved my results (it really does get easier! I promise!) - so I went out and bought several other Jillian Michaels dvds. Ripped in 30 is about 35 minutes and very similar setup to the Shred but some different movements - and there are 4 levels instead of 3. Yoga Meltdown is another good one that's around 30 minutes and there are 2 levels on the dvd.

I also like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism that deksgrl mentioned - if you do the whole thing it's a little over 50 minutes but it has that lovely option where you can just pick and choose individual circuits if you need a quicker workout. It's all cardio and abs, no weights needed. If you want another one like that which you can do the whole thing for 50 minutes or pick and choose individual circuits AND use weights/resistance, Jillian makes No More Trouble Zones - kind of like BFBM's alter-ego. Another great workout, and customizeable for time if you want to just choose certain circuits.

And of course there are lots of other great options out there, I just happen to be a Jillian fan. :-)
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    I just thought of a couple more.

Barry's Bootcamp Fat Blaster Workout series
    10 Days to a Better Body with Cindy Whitmarsh

Both of these are again similar to 30DS weight/then cardio. I really like both of these a lot for the fun factor. And I understand about the uncoordinated thing. I can't do complicated cardio, the workouts I suggested all are athletic based cardio like Jillian's. You can find most of these workouts at amazon.com / collagevideo.com or totalfitnessdvd.com
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser DVD's are only 20 or so minutes if you do just 1 circuit. You can customize your workouts to have as much or as little as you need. I do not think you need much coordination to do these. I have the Biggest Loser Calorie Knockout and the circuit 1 is really good. I have not advanced to Circuit 2 yet, because I have just got to where I can finish the Circuit 1 without a break. I think I will go ahead and try the Circuit 2 this weekend and see how it goes.

I also like the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds and you do not need coordination for those at all.
  • Veronica__S
    Options
    Thank you all for your recs! I think I need to go look for some now! Try one here and there and see what works! I appreciate all the input! :happy:
  • Ladeda1
    Ladeda1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Gold's Gym has some good DVD's. My faves are Melt My Muffin Top, Tank Top Arms, and Bootcamp My Booty. : ))
  • ravensfan1
    ravensfan1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone Walking Fit dvd. Just bought JIllian Michaels Kettlebell workout and Danskin pilates workout
  • Hologram1
    Options
    I Love Leslie Sansone dvd's.Shes upbeat and motivating and has a variety of workouts.Im currently doing the 5 mile fat burning walk and its great! 5 miles total, each mile being 12mins each,quick easy and effective :)
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone DVDs. If you can do the whole thing go at your own pace, or stop and continue. I like her technique and EASY to follow. You will definately work up a sweat and feel it, but oh such a Great feeling of accomplishment. I bought 2 of her DVDs on Ebay. New and at a good price. Good Luck & All the Best to You !