birthday cake???!?

Options
So my birthday is a few weeks! :drinker: Whenever its a persons birthday in my family, we get an icecream cake. I use to have 2/3 slices everytime we did :blushing: i was hopeing to do a more "healthy" cake this year. Does anyone have any alternitives to a birthday cake? I really want to try something new. I heard about the diet soda cake but that doesnt have any frosting and seems a bit plain for a bday. help the birthday girl out?:wink:

Replies

• ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is angel food cake with light whipped cream and strawberries! YUM!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of these, but this site has some recipes.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_cake_recipes
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for recipes too...my birthday is in 14 days!

My guy usually bakes me a cake using the Betty Crocker mixes, but uses almond milk and free run eggs...that's about as "healthy" as it gets as of now
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The recipe below might help if you want to think about an ice cream cake....

Smuckers Sugar Free Hot Fudge Topping - Ice Cream Topping, 1 container (18 tablespoons (38 g) ea.) 810 207 5 9
    Kraft - Cool Whip Free - Fat Free Whipped Topping, 1 container (50 tbsp (9g) ea.) 375 75 0 0
    Ice Cream Sandwich - Vanilla - Great Value, 16 sandwich 2,560 400 80 32

Layer 1/2 or the ice cream sandwiches in a 9X13 pan.
    Spread 1/2 of the topping on the sandwiches.
    Top with cool whip
    REPEAT layers.
    Freeze for a couple hours. Before serving, it is a bit easier to cut if you let it set out a few minutes.

16 servings
    Per Serving: 234 calories
    Very rich and yummy!
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    1 box Dark Chocolate cake mix
    1 can pureed pumpkin (not pumkin pie mix)
    1/4 cup water

Mix. dump into a Pam'd 13x9. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Chocolate fudgy awesomeness. I add 1/8 cup of black cocoa and 2 tsp vanilla to mine, but that is entirely optional
  • Tiffaney82690
    Options
    Have you ever made diet soda cake?

1 boxed cake
    1 12 oz can of diet soda

then you can top it with what ever fruit, fat free whipped topping or whatever you can think of

Ive made red velvet with diet dr pepper, and chocolate with diet pepsi, I wanna try white cake with diet cream soda in the near future.

it one of the easiest ways to eliminate milk,oil,butter,eggs all those things loaded with calories and it still taste great
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What about fruit pizza? I love the stuff. One piece is about 170 calories and 9 grms fat. Here's a link for a great recipe.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Makeover-Fruit-Pizza